Emergency Room 101

Zac

I was outside skateboarding yesterday at about 3:00pm and my skateboard shot forward and I hit my head and neck on the cement. Now, you might imagine that there was a little blood...but there was A LOT! SO anyways, I had to ride in an ambulance to the ER and got 3 catscans and 12 X-rays....they put 24 stitches in my head and I have to wear a neck brace....the good part is that I dont have to stay at the the hospital but I ache all over....:sad02:

Anyone have any advice or comments?

It always makes me wince when I hear about or see someone get hurt seriously. Ouch! I've never had to get stitches but my brother had to a long time ago. My advice for you is to relax and take things easy... and to stay away from skateboards for a while. :P

My only comment is... 3 catscans and 12 x-rays?! You oughta' be both radioactive and magnetic :P

ACtually I was only supposed to get one xray and one catscans but they couldn't see me neck very well and the wanted to be sure, but its not broken.....

an I WILL stay away from skatebords for a while.....

But still, I mean _TWELVE_ x-rays... that can't be good, although a broken neck probably would be worse.

I don't think x-rays cost you anything at all if you have a good health insurance o_O. My sis has gotten it before and they didn't charge us anything. I almost got stitches once when I was little because I was chasing my sis around the house and then I crashed onto a window and cut my elbow. Luckily, my mom was able to heal it on time. I would've gotten stitches otherwise :S

Ouch, the only stiches type thing I've gotten is from where I bashed my head open on a table, long story, to make it short, the moral is laundry hampers aren't toys. But anyway they actually glued my head closed, very odd.

thats rough, TDN will have to make a soldier out of you :P

Only stitches i had was when i was 1-2 (maybe older abit,i can't remeber how old i was but it was young) i was by a table with a fabric covering, and on the table, was a kettle with boiling hot water.

I pulled the cloth and this kettle full of boiling water went over my stomach, Ouch o_O

Ouch. Did they give you anaesthetic in the ambulance? I remember they gave me some on the way to the hospital.