"Yay!" to Official Cast Recordings!

tinyplasticdinos

I saw the musical "Dogfight" at 2econd Stage last summer and absolutely fell in love with it. It's based off the 1991 movie by the same name, and the production was flawless from beginning to end.

Of course, it was off-broadway so when it was done I was distraught because I thought I would never see or hear it again. I've been stalking their official facebook page and watching them win award after award thinking 'man, if people love it this much why haven't they released a soundtrack?' but then low and behold! The official soundtrack has just been made available on iTunes!

This has pretty much made my week :)

Is there anyone else here with a love of quirky musicals? I'd love to celebrate the love!

• 9 months later...

I saw no one ever replied to this topic, so I just wanted to share in your excitement a bit! I never listened to Dogfight but I heard it was very good. I'm glad they released a recording!

Sh-k-Boom & Ghostlight Records is always amazing with getting the rights for cast recordings for shows that usually wouldn't get recorded otherwise; I love supporting them. I've gotten Happy Days, Little Fish, the new Hair recording, Now. Here. This (one of my favorite shows), and Bright Lights, Big City (another of my favorites!) from them, along with Alice Ripley's "Daily Practice".

Gosh...just looking at the site I want more. :(