Registration Woes

passiflora

Hey guys! I tried to create a new side account yesterday (I only have two) and when I entered my email and clicked next it said "Oops! Please check. An error occured, please try again." Nothing worked to get past it, so I tried in a different browser and it now says that the username is unavailable, even though it tells me that it doesn't exist if I try to log in with it or search for it!

TNT response to my ticket was that the name wasn't available and to try again with another (unhelpful), but I did anyway and the same thing happened (as expected). Now that's two account names I liked that were available when I tried to register and are lost now :( , presumably stuck in some kind of unverified account purgatory lol.

I also can't view my ticket now either; it just redirects to the Neopets homepage when I click "My Support." Not sure if I should send another ticket or just give up on side accounts - I don't want to keep wasting "available" usernames and I really liked the ones I had already come up with! :(

Have you tried maybe a different email account? I've seen this problem in the past, I don't remember the cause. (maybe you had made a 3rd account in the past and forgot and are at the limit for that email).

But yeah, try a different email address

This is unhelpful to you I'm sure but I'd like to mention that I also had the same problem where when I clicked on My Support it just took me back to Neopets homepage. So that part isn't just happening to you. When it happened to me, I waited for them to email me back and then responded there. As for the account problem, that really sucks :( Must be some sort of weird glitch.

Unless I am wrong, usernames that belonged to the recently purged accounts cannot be recreated.

You're probably right - TDN reassured me that the usernames weren't available, although they didn't explain why. The ones I thought of were pretty good usernames that I was surprised to find "available," so they must have been recently purged.

That's kind of frustrating. I wonder why they can't be recreated?? It's a little discouraging to be told by the system that a name is available when it really isn't; I would have liked a new side but not sure if it's really worth the trouble to sit around repeating the registration process over and over until one goes through. I hope the glitch is fixed soon!