Restocking ideas and directions

honk_honk

Hi guys, ever since i've been playing, i have always wanted to try out restocking. However, the best that i could ever achieve was a bunch of measly 5000 books at the bookstore. So i just wanna check to see how i can further refine it.

1. When u want to key in your figure, is there a faster way to do it instead of manually pressing the box?

2. How do you spread out ur numbers for typing?

3. Approximately how long should you take for the whole process?

Also, I've heard about food stores and the pharmacy, but they seem pretty daunting, especially with my luck in the bookstore. Is it really possible? How long would it take?

Thanks guys. Any response will be appreciated. Sorry about the wall of questions too =P

Hi guys, ever since i've been playing, i have always wanted to try out restocking. However, the best that i could ever achieve was a bunch of measly 5000 books at the bookstore. So i just wanna check to see how i can further refine it.

1. When u want to key in your figure, is there a faster way to do it instead of manually pressing the box?

Also, I've heard about food stores and the pharmacy, but they seem pretty daunting, especially with my luck in the bookstore. Is it really possible? How long would it take?

Thanks guys. Any response will be appreciated. Sorry about the wall of questions too =P

I don't restock, but I've read a number of good guides. People seem to put in amounts for numbers close to each other- 1212, or 2222 or something similar. You don't want the shopkeeper to reject the amount, and you don't want to spend too long typing in a number. As far as I am aware, you have to press the box- but next time you're restocking, try the tab key- it may work. :) Each transaction should only take a few seconds, but to become good at it, you'll probably need to do it for several hours a day. :) Good luck!

Recently, I'm learning to restock, so I can't help you much about this. I've only restocked once - a big one (for me). I don't know you know this or not, but you should buy stuff on the third of which month - which is the half price day, everything in normal shop (not usershop) will be half the price than the other days of that month. About how to type the price, Rebecca has said to you. The whole process depends on you. If you restock many stuffs, it should take approx 5-6 hours a day on the half price day (I think). I only restock about 100 books on half-price day, and it took 2-3 hours.

I am by no means an expert RSer, but...

1) Right now, the fastest way to type in your price is by clicking in the box. There's no need to delete the "0" because the shopkeeper will still process your transaction. As stated above, typing numbers that are close to one another helps. This will vary depending on what type of keyboard you use. Different keyboards will make different numbers "close" to each other. For example:

A keyboard with no right handed keypad (like most laptops) would probably force the restocker to use the numbers at the top of the keyboard.

A keyboard with a keypad (like most that come with computers) would probably be faster to use for the restocker since his/her fingers do not have to travel all the way across the keyboard to reach more numbers.

Having your mouse near your numerical keypad helps. There's less time lost due to less movement.

2) I'm not sure what you mean by this, but hopefully it's answered in "1" :)

3) If you're referring to how long a transaction should take, it should be the least amount of time possible. Unfortunately, you are competing with thousands of other quick hands and (unfortunately) autobuyers so the less time you spend moving and typing, the faster you can snag the item you want.

Here are some tips that have helped me make the most of a restock:

a. Keep mouse and numerical keypad next to each other (I have a laptop, but I have a peripheral keypad and mouse that I keep together)

b. Familarize yourself with the items that are frequently stocked at a shop so you can avoid them (they are items that won't yield the most profit).

c. After you refresh and see a new restock, do a very quick glance at all the items so you have an idea of what to purchase next after you click on one item. You'll know where your eyes and mouse should travel after you grab your first item. (also keep in mind that you will have to wait 5 seconds before purchasing your next item) After some practice with the suggestion in letter "b", letter "c" will get easier.

d. Prices of items drop after HPD (Half Price Day) so wait until at least halfway through the month before pricing to maximize profits (you don't have to worry about this if you don't do SW/SSW pricing but like to overprice and advertise your shop instead). So you can get a bunch of books at the bookshops and still make a nice profit... just later in the month.

TDN has a really cool restocking simulation if you want to try practicing first. Hope this helps! :)