LOTR fans?

The_Warblers

I love the movies. I saw them all in the movie theater when they first were released. The Hobbit movie was amazing. The Hobbit book is also really good. I'm currently reading the first book in The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I'm about 30 pages in and I like it so far. I'd be further, but I've been sick so I haven't really felt like reading.

Can someone explain to me what "the hobbit" is about? Too lazy to google myself.

It's like similar storyline to LOTR? Is it like a development of LOTR?

I haven't read the Hobbit, but what I understand from my girlfriend, it's set before LotR. Do you remember the very beginning of LotR, where Bilbo (Frodo's uncle) was talking about his adventures, and was going to Rivendell to write them all down. The Hobbit is his adventure. It's not epic (or it wasn't supposed to be, lol)- the Hobbit was originally written as bedtime stories for JRR Tolkein's kids. It seems like they've added some stuff from another book, so we see what Gandalf is doing when he leaves Bilbo and the Dwarves.

I personally love LOTR! Got the extended edition for blu-ray for Christmas and can't wait to have my own marathon :laughingsmiley:

I bought the book recently too and I intend to read it before next semester starts....it's just there's a lot of other games to play and books I need to finish!

LOTR is another HUGE fantasy world that you can either get into or get bored by its own history. I love fantasy worlds and can easily get into it (ex. Elder Scrolls, Harry Potter, Final Fantasy, etc.) so it just depends on the person since I love the fantasy life xD

OOOO I just watched LOTR for the first time two days ago!! AND I finished the third and final movie today! IT WAS AmAZING, everybody has to see it!

ALso watched the Hobbit in cinemas yesterday. Great movie, Peter Jackson is honestly the best director ever!

All these movies were filmed in New Zealand.. and I live in NZ, I am going to check out the Hobbit houses they filmeed at Matamata :DDD just a couple hours drive...