Trading Post help!

poptart123

So I am new to selling things on the trading post. I have already discovered that I made a huge mistake by accepting an Eventide Paintbrush for my Maraquan Paintbrush. But now I have someone neomailing me telling me that Eventide Paint Brushes sell for no more than 3 million and asking if they can buy it. Is this true? I can't find that information on the paintbrush price lists anywhere. What do I do? I don't want to make a stupid mistake again by listening to someones advice I don't trust.

That sounds highly suspicious to me. It sounds like they're trying to convince you it's worth less so they can get a deal on it.

There's 6 Eventide PBs on the TP that list prices. They range from 6.9 to 8 million, so though I don't know what most members looking for one are willing to pay, it seems odd that at least 6 of the PB on the TP are asking over double what that user tells you it's worth.

Yeah, the 6.9 million one is mine because I haven't been able to sell it so I dropped the price lower than everyone else's price. Thank you for your advice. I was thinking the same thing and that's why I wanted someone else's opinion.

Edit: I declined her offer and she understood but said "just thought I would let you know I buy Eventide's for 2.5million and that is probably why you can't seem to sell yours, you are asking way too much" I don't know what to believe! Hope I did the right thing by declining the offer.

Yeah, the 6.9 million one is mine because I haven't been able to sell it so I dropped the price lower than everyone else's price. Thank you for your advice. I was thinking the same thing and that's why I wanted someone else's opinion.

Edit: I declined her offer and she understood but said "just thought I would let you know I buy Eventide's for 2.5million and that is probably why you can't seem to sell yours, you are asking way too much" I don't know what to believe!

I wouldn't believe it- lots of people try to get PBs for much less than they're worth. PBs are normally quite easy to sell, but the more expensive they are the harder it is for people to get the NP for it. It may take a while, but I'm sure you will sell it. :)

Items on the trading post are worth what people are willing to pay for them, no more and no less! There is no definitive list of what most paintbrushes are worth, as they come from random events - the price can change all the time.

The only thing to do is look and see what other traders are selling theirs for - you might want to spend a week or two doing this to get a good feel for it. Remember - if someone offers an item for a trade, you don't have to accept right away - you can spend a little while thinking about it, or ask people on the boards (here or on neopets) what they think.

The person saying 'I buy Eventide's for 2.5 million' sounds exactly like a scammer to me!

Personally, I always like to sell cheap and quickly, rather than have stuff lying about for ages. But this has to be your decision, really.

Have you thought of something that you actually want, that you could ask for in exchange? Or if you want actual np, get people interested then set up a neofriends only auction.

btw, by the look of the Trading Post, a Maraquan for Eventide paintrush wasn't a bad trade. Yes, some people are asking 11mill for a maraquan, but some people are only asking 6.5mill, so I can't imagine the 11mill one selling!

Well considering I don't know of something I want yet, I am wanting just actual NP. Since I am so new I don't know exactly how I would go about getting people interested nor do I know how to set up an auction let alone a NF only auction.

I was going off of the TDN PB price list when I thought I made a terrible trade. Good to know that I didn't make a mistake after all. Thank you!

Why don't you do a little advertising? You can go on the Trades/Auctions board, and say that you have the cheapest Eventide PB on the TP. :) You could also put it up for auction, and see if you get any hits. You could start it at 6.7 or 6.8 million, with 50k or 100k as the bid increment.

Okay, I'm not really an expert here, so someone else please correct me if I'm wrong...

I imagine you know that on the trading post you can't offer more than 800,000np, anything more than that has to be items of equal value. So if you want pure np, you have to put it up for auction instead.

You'll see some people on the trading post advertise their trade with something like 'NM to set up auction'. You can use this to get interest, then one way to do it is to make them a neofriend, and set up a neofriend-only auction (this is easy - there's a box to tick). Or you could just put it up for a general auction. As Rebecca said, make the starting price 6.7mill or something, and see what happens. Go on the neoboards to tell people it's there. (If no one makes an offer, you'll get the item back, so you can't lose!)

That person was DEIFNITELY a scammer. I'll eventually need an eventide PB to achieve my dreamie, so I'll check the prices on the TP every week or so. It's true that a few weeks ago they were selling for 4-5mil, but they've jumped up to 7-8mil recently. Looks like it's going to take me a long time to achieve my dreamie unless I get super lucky in the lab or with a FFQ!