Science Nerds Welcome!

~Xandria

@Zelda. Very interesting. ^_^ I'm also a cat lover. In fact I've got a fat fluff ball shedding all over me right now. :P

Thanks for the info. I honestly had no clue that the big cats didn't purr. Hmm. I wonder why that is. I may have to do some more research on the subject. I wish I could watch the video right now, but bf's asleep so I don't wanna wake em. I'm sure I'll end up watching it tomorrow though!

Oh, and yes! I am in love with cracked.com. It's hilarious and always has something new and interesting!

Oh, and does anyone else find this picture amazingly cool? http://i.space.com/i....jpg?1310322056 (:

And also this one, 570 megapixel dark energy camera in Chile - http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/9XHbuw/:1ER50vu$T:Y!B1-KiR/www.designboom.com/weblog/cat/16/view/23685/570-megapixel-dark-energy-camera-captures-first-images.html/

Apparently it's capable of detecting light from 100,000 galaxies up to 8 billion light years away in each snap-shot.

Quoted from website - "In over five years, the study will create detailed color images of one-eighth of the sky, to discover and measure 300 million galaxies, 100,000 galaxy clusters and 4,000 supernovae"

Very interesting, this could lead to a lot of new discoveries. Also, that is a HUGE telescope. Haha. :laughingsmiley:

Ooh! That first picture's so ridiculously awesome - and exciting! =D (well, honestly, everything's exciting now that Obama's pretty much won ^_^)

I like the second site, too - the first photo reminds me of Clockwork Codebreaker and Time Tunnel on neopets. XD I can't wait for the photos that will come from it! Space is so pretty ^_^