Rubbish Avatar

The Bandit

You'd think after all this time they'd give us an idea about what to do for the avatar other then discarding through quick stock...

Why would they? If there is some other requirement (something to do with rarity, or estimated NP cost of the items), it would lead to less items being discarded. So many of the junk items are hanging around, clogging up the database. I think they WANT to keep us guessing.

Maybe it's random for each account, kind of like the Magma Pool time. :)

As far as I know, the only avatar they've given hints about was Bonju- that avvie was around for... two years (?) without anyone getting the avatar, so they finally gave a hint.

Maybe it's random for each account, kind of like the Magma Pool time. :)

I agree. My current thinking is that maybe it's a random number somewhere above 2,000 discards? Or maybe it's something to do with how long you've been on neopets? Maybe (5,000 - the number of days you've been registered) or something :P

I agree. I'm currently trying for both the rubbish dump and the packrat avatar. I think it's easier to get the packrat avatar out of the way first, if you haven't already. That way you already have 1k of junk in your safety deposit box, so after that you can just keep stuffing random items in there until you have about 5k worth. Then set aside some time to discard it all via quickstock. If you already have the packrat avatar then just save everything you come across. Unlike the packrat avatar, I don't think it matters if you have 10 of the same item or not. Using the moneytree for junk items to the limit of 10 per day will help you along. Also, running across 1np items in peoples shops should help. If you check the neoboards you will sometimes find people who just got the packrat avatar so they sell everything in there shop for 1np. I'd try to go about it the cheapest way possible, but that's just me. ^_^

Good luck to you!

why thank you. yup i got the packrat avvie a loong time ago. and i had decided to clean out my sdb before the rubbish avatar came out :/ i agree, i'm trying to go about it the cheapest way possible. i love when i look up an item for 1 np and go to a store and that person has a bunch of things for 1 np. hopefully soon. good luck with getting both avatars :)