Is it against the rules...?

arkwright

In my gallery (Neovian Museum) http://www.neopets.com/gallery/index.phtml?gu=arkwright -- I am treating it exactly like that, a museum; I was thinking of converting my shop into a shop museum that only sells themed items, and creating a small pamphlet that guides you round the museum ...

But I was wondering, is it against the rules to be "loaned" items, like one would loan an item to a museum. I understand begging is against the rules, but for some of those more expensive items I`m seeking - 2 mil + etc, would it be against the rules if someone were to loan me the items, say until I achieved gallery spotlight, whereupon they would be returned?

For example, I am seeking the items:

A Tale of Woe (TCG)

Book of Bruno

Bruno (TCG)

Bruno Plushie

Gypsy Camp (TCG)

Krawley Plushie

Mr. Krawley (TCG)

Mr. Krawley Stamp

Neovia (TCG)

Reginald Plushie

Sophie (TCG)

Tale of Woe

Young Sophie Plushie

Its a long list, and all of these items are way more expensive than I can afford (or can actually give collateral for) - but hypothetically could I find somebody out there to loan me the items, just to complete the gallery (hopefully) in time for Halloween?

.. Or is this totally against the rules / Neopets?

The only thing I can think of would be a limitation in the gallery spotlight rules, but I don't know if there is such a rule.

As for borrowing things in general; People ask to be lent avatar items all the time, so I don't think that would be a problem.

This is just my reasoning, I don't know anything for a fact.

The only thing I can think of would be a limitation in the gallery spotlight rules, but I don't know if there is such a rule.

As for borrowing things in general; People ask to be lent avatar items all the time, so I don't think that would be a problem.

This is just my reasoning, I don't know anything for a fact.

As far as I can find, these are the only spotlight rules:

http://www.neopets.com/spotlight_subs/spotlight_rules.phtml

There doesn`t seem to be a gallery specific one. Do you suppose I should send the question into TNT directly, and hope for an answer there? (:

For me, or for the loaner? I don`t quite understand :)

Both. Equally.

There is no way to guarantee that you will ever win the gallery spotlight so they are basically "loaning" you an item with no time frame for when it might be returned. This could lead of all sorts of nasty complications, or accusations that you have stolen the item, ect. . .

I do not know TNT's official stance on this. But to me it just screams the type of situation that will result in problems for you and the people loaning you stuff.

Gallery's do not have to be 100% complete to be entered into the Gallery spotlight. Just get your gallery to where you want it and go from there. :)

Both. Equally.

There is no way to guarantee that you will ever win the gallery spotlight so they are basically "loaning" you an item with no time frame for when it might be returned. This could lead of all sorts of nasty complications, or accusations that you have stolen the item, ect. . .

I do not know TNT's official stance on this. But to me it just screams the type of situation that will result in problems for you and the people loaning you stuff.

Gallery's do not have to be 100% complete to be entered into the Gallery spotlight. Just get your gallery to where you want it and go from there. :)

Yes, this. I know that personally, I wouldn't feel safe loaning an expensive item to someone for an undetermined amount of time, and I would hate to ask for it back after previously saying that you could hold onto it until you won. It is just a huge load of awkwardness that can lead to unpleasantness.

Just work your way to getting the expensive items that you need. Hopefully you can win the spotlight without them, but a gallery is supposed to be fun- the making of it, not just in the having of all the items. :)