Double yay! (With a dash of double nay)

andaraen

So next week, I plan on going to an anime/video game/geek culture. I'll even be wearing a costume!

Both of those sound pretty yay, right?

Unfortunately, my hubby will be out of state because of his job.

And since I've only lived where we are for a couple months, I don't know anyone I can go with.

And this is me around people I don't know:

ScardeyShy.png

To top it all off, It's a 30 minute drive to the hotel where it's located and I really, really, really don't like driving. Just driving a few miles down the road to the NEX is nerve-wracking.

You sure can. :P

And I'll even tell you.

I'll be wearing a classical lolita style outfit. (Complete with petticoat and bloomers! x3)

I'd post a picture of it, but I'm waiting for the skirt and shoes to arrive in the mail.

Why can't international shipping be instantaneous?! x3

Why can't international shipping be instantaneous?!

^ I second that. I want to see what you'll be wearing! NAOW! :O

I can't even begin to express how much yay this sounds like to me :P Maybe you could try and imagine that it's your alter ego that's going to the convention/culture? Beyoncé's alter ego is Sasha Fierce, Norma Jean Baker's was Marilyn Monroe and mine's called Dr Indiana (and she always dares to do everything that I'm too scared to do myself ;) )

Why can't international shipping be instantaneous?!

^ I second that. I want to see what you'll be wearing! NAOW! :O

I can't even begin to express how much yay this sounds like to me :P Maybe you could try and imagine that it's your alter ego that's going to the convention/culture? Beyoncé's alter ego is Sasha Fierce, Norma Jean Baker's was Marilyn Monroe and mine's called Dr Indiana (and she always dares to do everything that I'm too scared to do myself ;) )

That sounds like an interesting idea.

On a side note, Dr. Indiana is probably the best name ever! x3

That sounds like such a blast! Conventions and stuff are always scary, but I find that most nerds and geeks are just as socially awkward as I am, so it ends up working out pretty well. XD

Things are looking up!

First, I got my skirt and shoes and they're amazing!

I put the outfit on and my husband liked it so much, he melted into a little puddle on the floor.

I mopped him up and made him take a picture so you guys could see.

178935_536073439741532_383710472_n.jpg

And he told me he'll be here for the convention!

No driving.

No going alone.

Great outfit.

Can't get much better. :3

Pretty Andaraen! :) You look lovely! And I'm really glad for your sake that your husband will be there for you - no more nay, dash or not! ;)

Pretty Andaraen! :) You look lovely! And I'm really glad for your sake that your husband will be there for you - no more nay, dash or not! ;)

Thank you!

I'm so excited now! This has gone from half yay to all yay. ^^

• 3 weeks later...

OOh. I know a friend who makes awesome Lolita costumes. She's migrated to California. Her name is Cyril Lumboy and has been featured in lots of articles.

Here's her link: dolldelight

the_keeper_by_dolldelight-d4mqku8.jpg

She looks cute.

Anyway, super yay for you! I love expos. I like looking at cosplayers. The event should be finished now. Care to share a pic?

Sadly, I missed the event because I got sick. :c

I'm hoping I'll get to go to one in December. It just depends on hubby not going underway at the same time. (There is no way I'm going to make the three hour drive to Orlando by myself! x.x)

And then, there's another one in March that I know he wouldn't want to miss. Neither do I, as several members of the Star Trek: TNG cast will be there. b)

Also, WOW. Your friend's costumes are amazing! 0_0

I wish I were half that talented.