Creating a better world?

pchau123

Like this page, share this page, or even just comment on it?

https://www.facebook.com/ABetterWorldForUsAll

If you ever visit the page below I hope you can post one thing that you wish to change in order to create a better world. While you're at it, don't forget to include an explanation why this is beneficial to our society if we change it!

I hope that by creating this page, we can eventually raise awareness on issues that we need to change. All it takes to create a better world is a SINGLE person. Why not be the first?

I will start it!

I wish there were no more wars. It's sad to see people die. No matter which side starts it, innocent people still die.

Where to even begin, there are so many destructive ideas and actions in this world.

To choose one, I would have to say we need to eliminate governmental restrictions on medias of expression. We live in such a technologically connected world that the awareness and support of social/political/economic movements occurs online, whether it be through an individual's blog of personal experience, the rallying of protestors through twitter, a journalist's expose on corruption through a newspaper or magazine's website, etc. When the opinion or purpose of such expression counteracts government's control over their nation we have witnessed the policing of online speech or even the prohibition of the platforms used (eg. Facebook) in many countries. This is limiting the action people can take on an individual level to exercise our basic human rights and work towards improving our lives.

Marriage equality. Homosexuals should have the same rights as hetereosexuals.

End discrimination based on race, gender, sexual orientation, disabilities, ect.

Ensure all the starving get their food, especially in the poorer countries. Just because we can't see them doesn't mean they're not suffering.

End many common diseases, including all types of cancer.

Everyone has medical care.

Everyone has a home.

All education should be free.

Animal Welfare needs to be better established, especially for chickens and cows. They deserve to live comfortably.

Religion should no longer be an excuse for violence.

War will never go away, and to believe otherwise is naive. It's a tragic part of life, and I do agree the world would be better off without it, but there's no getting rid of it. Negotiations don't solve everything.

The same goes for things like religion, racism, guns, and drugs. I'm hoping nobody suggests eliminating those things, because they'll never go away, whether we like it or not.

Almost everything that comes to my mind right now is completely unrealistic, so I guess all I can do is agree with the previous post about legislation intending to infringe on media rights. While I do think some legislation is necessary to prevent copyright infringement, stuff like SOPA goes way too far.