Shop Ban Overload?

mishalunchbox

Is anyone else getting shop banned reallllllly easily the last few days, or is it just me?

I was refreshing shop pages quite a bit on Saturday, but not really that much more than usual. In fact, it was my first shop ban in something like 2 years (the previous one was on a half price day -- i refresh a LOT more then). I didn't play much Sunday. Here it is Monday and my TOTAL shop views for the entire day was somewhere around 20, and i'm banned again. That's probably 10% of my usual daily total, and i haven't been getting banned until this weekend.

So, questions: is anyone else experiencing hyper-sensitive shop bans? Does the refresh limit ever change, and if so, what are the criteria?

It's not as if i'm a big restocker (look at my shop -- only 15 items for sale, about half of which came from the Igloo or as prizes, and the other half have been there for a week at least). I buy stuff primarily to avoid paying other people's restock prices; i only sell about 25% of the things i buy. And what's more, on a good day, i only get 2 or 3 things. So i'm guessing it's not based on purchasing history nor on how many items go directly into one's user shop.

I'm baffled and cranky over this, LOL. It's kind sucking all the fun out of playing, ya know? *pout pout*

Ohh that ban its ok you just been buying to much from neopian shops!This ban last only 2days unsally i make huge profit from mynshop up to 30k! Just don't buy so mutch ,that it is "sold out" oh you need to stop refreshing to they restock about every 8min trust me take adicve from the neo queen! what do you do anyway do you buy eveything or they just don't like you.

I didn't buy anything today. I loaded the shop pages (about 8 of them), waited, and refreshed. Then i was banned.

Are you saying that maybe i was still banned from Saturday, and that's why i was having problems again today? That would explain some stuff fer sher.

Because your refreshing to much and making the shop keeper MAD!!Well you shouldn't be doing that if your not gonna buy anything Beucause you did far many times the bans are longer…

Edited by The_lost acount

From what I've heard, shop bans can last for more that 24 hours, but it shouldn't effect how quickly you get banned again. I don't do any restocking, so I can't say if I'm getting banned more quickly, and I haven't heard about other restockers complaining about it, so perhaps you're just super unlucky? :(

Because your refreshing to much and making the shop keeper MAD!!

LOL yeah, i know that's how it happens, but i like the way you say it ^_^ Like i said, today i refreshed fewer than 20 times total. I know 20 refreshes in a day doesn't get a person banned, hence my confusion.

Well you shouldn't be doing that if your not gonna buy anything Beucause you did far many times the bans are longer…

Well, i do buy stuff, but only when i see something i want. Are you saying the ban will be longer if i refresh a lot but don't buy a lot? That would be totally backwards in my eyes.

From what I've heard, shop bans can last for more that 24 hours

This would seem the more reasonable explanation as to why i'm having trouble. Maybe the few shop views i squeezed in today were a fluke or something? I wish TNT would just tell us how stuff works, haha.

You must have refreshed too fast.

Possibly 20 times in less than 10 seconds?

I normally refresh once every 4-9 seconds (just an estimate) and don't get RS banned unless I go stupid. o_O

There's no limit to however many refreshes to make, but how many you do in a matter of time.

That was pretty much my experience. My perception was that i was refreshing very cautiously because of the ban from which i was just emerging, but i try to allow as how my perception is probably flawed. If anything weird was going on then, it seems to be over now :)

02 October 2012: Got banned again while very casually refreshing ( < 10 refreshes every couple of minutes ) ...

Edited by mishalunchbox