Hello! I am as new as new can get on these forums

crrryde

Hi! Please disregard the bare bones state of my account on here; I literally just made it about 10 minutes ago, because I was creeping an old forum about those game cookie things, and it made me want to join in with my own opinions about Neopets-related stuff hehe. So anyways, my name is kelsey and I'm almost scared to admit that I haven't played Neopets for that long. Just on and off for six years. Mostly off, I'm afraid. But now I'm back on my new account f4lloutgirl (if anyone wants to neofriend me, I will squeal with happiness, haha), and I'm in love with the site again! Although I must say the NC stuff concerns me a bit, but I understand that they've got to make money on more than just banner ads. In fact, I think I might actually get an NC card or two, just to buy a few pretty wearables (and maybe the Chocolate Wonderland habitarium background; that thing is so pretty that I actually think it's worth real money! haha). I hope I'm not doing this wrong, or going off-topic somehow... I've always avoided forums, and even the neoboards, because I'm scared I'll kill the thread and make people hate me. As dumb as that may sound, it's true, haha. So go easy on me! I really want to make a friend on here. :)

Welcome to the forums Kelsey!! I'm Cleo :) don't worry about that; soo many people here have taken long breaks from neo and only recently come back, myself included. The forums are a friendly place here and I'm sure you'll make some friends in no time! :D hope to see you around!

Aw thanks! Yeah, I hope so. It seems so much easier to make friends on here than to make them on the actual Neopets site, what with most people being freaked out about "random" NF requests and with all the ways you could accidentally say something that'll get you silenced or frozen. It feels good to not have to worry about what I say as much. :) And yeah, taking breaks can be a good thing, because when you come back you're just as interested in it and it seems just as fresh as Day 1. Hope to see you around too!

Welcome! Don't worry about having a new account, we've all started from scratch at some point. I've also been an on and (mostly) off player for the past 11 years so I understand how it feels to come back and rediscover all the awesome things that Neopia has to offer :) I also agree with you about forums, I was always scared to join them too because of not wanting to kill the thread but so far so good on TDN. These people are seriously awesome and I'm sure you'll make more than one friend!

Hi there, and welcome to TDN! -offers cookies- I hope you like it here!

No worries about being new- we all are at one point or another! :D I too have been an on-again-off-again player! It's strange and wonderful coming back to Neopia and finding all the things that have changed while you were gone. :)

Hey Kelsey! Welcome to the forums :) I'm also one that has played Neopets on and off for years and I agree, coming back after awhile makes everything new and exciting again. The only down side (for me at least) is when I'm "off" I always seem to miss out on the plots so I don't have nearly as many trophies as I could have :(

Wow, thank you all so much for the kind greetings! I do agree with gingerew; you people seem seriously awesome! haha. Yeah, I can't believe I stayed away from Neopets for so long like it was no big deal, because now I can't tear myself away from it. Just got started on my new Neohome today, and I kind of miss the 'classic' Neohome style, but I love how your pets can just chill out on the lawn in 2.0 haha. Anyways, I'm getting there on my new account, so hopefully I can compete with you all some day. xD Thanks again~!

PS: Waitwaitwait I have a question.....

Since my new account is under 4 months old, I can't get a poogle on the 19th, right? If they even release the poogles for their 'day'... Well, it doesn't matter, I bought a morphing potion anyway. =) Now I hope I CAN'T be able to get one, so that I know I didn't just waste 38,000 NP, haha. I waste NP like it's my job. :P