Can't Customize Pet

Laughing Echo

I've been having trouble with one of my pets, singing_forest, for a while now. I submitted a help ticket to TNT and they were as unhelpful as usual. -_-

The problem was originally that Firefox and Safari were unable to load the customization window. It would show me the following image in place of my pet/closet:

flashplayergraycirclewh.png

I've read up a little and I think that that problem has something to do with the hosting site's memory, but it sounded like something Neopets would have to fix, not anything I can do. It wasn't such a problem in the past, because Chrome was still able to load things properly.

But the problem now is that my flash is crashing on Chrome for this one pet of mine. I've cleared out my cache, updated my flash and even tested this on different machines (in Safari and Chrome) and the problem hasn't gone away. Does anyone know anything I can do?

(Neopets just told me to update flash and clear my cache.) >=|

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that. The exact same thing happened to me, too - it was only for one pet, and I tried everything I could think of to fix it and it never worked. I was also told by TNT to update browser/update flash/clear cache when I clearly stated in the ticket that I'd already tried that. :rolleyes_anim:

The problem just went away eventually, but it was really frustrating not being able to customize my pet for weeks. I'm sorry I can't be of any real help! :(

Edit:

Here is a topic with some suggested fixes. Nothing ever worked for me - like I said, the problem eventually cleared up on it's own, but it may prove helpful to you!

Edited by passiflora

Oh thanks passiflora! It's a relief to know that it is something that can clear up in time! I'll have a look through that thread and try a few of the solutions, as well... You never know. :tired:

(It would be nice if Neopets took the time to actually read help requests, since I, too, stated that clearing out my cache had been done. *sigh*)

• 2 months later...

I've found that clearing my closet helped with that problem. I used to have like... 500+ items in my closet. And something similar would happen. I've found it I compose my outfits off site, I can just put what Items I need in to my closet for the four outfits, and now I don't have that problem anymore.