None of my work friends bothered to show up...

lilshadowdweller

So August 15, 2012, was my birthday.

And not one of my supposed "friends" from my work bothered to show up. Actually, scratch that, one who hardly knew me,did.

And his compassion was remarkable.

I'm disgusted by my work mates.

I don't want to work there as a supervisor, my desire to lead has diminished.

I have been bullied much in my elementary and teenager life.

The one work mate shall be appreciated; the rest, frowned upon.

I don't know why I couldn't have convinced them to come for my special day.

But I did have my 2 younger sisters show up and my best friend.

Eff this popularity stuff.

I'm 23. How disgusting.

I'm sorry :c That's really awful. I wish I could tell you that they're not worth your hurt feelings (they aren't), but that probably doesn't make it feel any better :c

Your profile leads me to believe that you're an awesome person (you had me at nintendo games and comedy c; )!

wlEmoticon-birthdaycake%25255B2%25255D.png Happy belated birthday, RayRay!! wlEmoticon-birthdaycake%25255B2%25255D.png

Dude, you probably shouldn't waste a second thought on them. If they were inconsiderate enough to disregard your birthday, they aren't real friends and you shouldn't have to bother with them. You shouldn't let it affect your work. But happy belated birthday!

tumblr_m8uplmwXX51rcw6fbo1_500.jpg

First, Happy birthday! :D (Late now, but I wasn't late last night at least.)

I'm sorry your friends acted that way. Regardless of their reasons (I can't think of any reason that pretty much none of them would show up), they're just showing their true colors. It's always difficult when you see that side for the first time.

I hope you still enjoyed your birthday and you were able to spend time with the people who appreciate you the way they should.

I'm assuming that these people weren't out doing important things. That's actually pretty messed up. I don't really like birthdays or its rituals, but I do expect at least slight recognition and/or time with friends. :/

If they weren't even at their JOB (if I understood correctly) to see their friend on her birthday, then your decision to frown upon them is reasonable.

If it makes a difference - - Happy (belated) birthday!!! :)

Happy belated birthday!

I'm sorry that none of them came. :( People just... suck sometimes. I hope you were able to enjoy your birthday anyway!

Thanks guys,

I was really upset last night. It was fun, but awkward. I called in sick today, really couldn't care if they get angered or not. It wouldn't have mattered had I not considered them friends - and I kind of had. Now, I don't know, any sort of "I'm sorry, I couldn't make it", or whatever, would have probably helped me feel better. The one guy showed up at 11:20 PM after his two jobs. He totally cheered me up.

I did have people come; more important people, it's just hard when you know, go to their parties *where seemingly everyone shows up*, and wonder; "What did I do wrong?"

Blah. And it sucks I'm still sensitive into this stuff. :/ But I won't make that mistake again. Co-Workers aren't friends.

Thank you so much for the birthday greetings and sorry, I had to vent. Online friends actually help a lot. ^^

Thanks guys,

I was really upset last night. It was fun, but awkward. I called in sick today, really couldn't care if they get angered or not. It wouldn't have mattered had I not considered them friends - and I kind of had. Now, I don't know, any sort of "I'm sorry, I couldn't make it", or whatever, would have probably helped me feel better. The one guy showed up at 11:20 PM after his two jobs. He totally cheered me up.

I did have people come; more important people, it's just hard when you know, go to their parties *where seemingly everyone shows up*, and wonder; "What did I do wrong?"

Blah. And it sucks I'm still sensitive into this stuff. :/ But I won't make that mistake again. Co-Workers aren't friends.

Thank you so much for the birthday greetings and sorry, I had to vent. Online friends actually help a lot. ^^

Venting ALWAYS helps. :) I'm glad that you were able to have fun anyway, and good on you for calling in sick today! :)

Happy belated Birthday! From what you've written it seems like you invited coworkers/friends to a party and they didn't show up or give reason as to why they didn't? I think that's really rude and I'm sorry!! :<

I do think that you should consider talking to them about it first, though?

It isn't really good to get all negative; I know you were bummed out- but, for example even though I care about my friends I wouldn't make a big deal of their birthday? (and unless I was free I don't think I would visit them unless we were really close or I was invited and it was a big thing to them maybe e.g. a 21st) but that doesn't mean anything about me lacking compassion or whatever it's just birthdays aren't necessarily a big thing personally. Of course I'd still make effort to wish them happy birthday somehow since that only takes a small time. I think it's better to focus on the friends who you are close with rather than worry about popularity, and it's better to confront them instead of ignore your friends. :>

Aww, I'm sorry that happened to you. It's good to hear that you still had some people to spend your day with, though. :) I think that coworkers can sometimes be reluctant to go to other coworkers' events because they're afraid they won't know anyone or something, but their lack of communication is really a shame.

Here is a sparkly

happy-belated-birthday-27-70061.gif

for you.

^_^

Wow, that's really crummy. I don't even know what to say. It's to be expected that not everyone you invite will attend, but when all but one person just stays away without saying a word, something's not right.

Glad you had a good birthday regardless of everything :)

I totally feel you sis.

Once, when I was around ten, my mom organized this huge party for me with games and a clown, four peope showed up and (it was a sleepover) none of them stayed for the night. It was very awkward.

So, I got really unsure about throwing parties, but when I was around 14 my parents convinced me to have a bday party again, that it would be all good. Of course, three people came and it was even more awkward :/

To be honest I'm kind of traumatized now about parties :D

Happy belated birthday! And I'm very sorry that happened to you hun, you're a lovely girl and you don't deserve it. Some people are just crap and unreliable :/ try and forget 'em as much as you can. You're better than they are anyways :)

Much love xxx

• 2 months later...

I know this is an older thread but last year on my 30th birthday, the only people who acknowledged it was my birthday were those that live with me and people who saw it listed on Facebook. Some of my so called friends who are on Facebook didn't even bother. No calls, no cards, nada. I try to shrug it off but it still leaves you with a crummy feeling.