Need feedback about the Second Hand Shop for NT's article

FlamePrincess

Hi, so I am new and was directed to here by TNT and was hoping I could start a new topic and get some good results over the next month. So what I am trying to do is make a positive spin on the Second Hand Shop in Neopian Plaza. The idea came to me when I noticed that only one article had been written about it, and was given an unthrough view of the place.

I wish to change that! During the past half year and longer, I have observed what has been in there and keeping track of items. I know there is already another board for this, but the board hasn't updated since last month and I would like my answers sooner than later. I do take names of you on here, but they WILL NOT BE RELEASED in the article. PROMISE. There will be a thank you in there instead.

I am looking for any items that you see, how often you see them, have other friends used it constantly and gotten good items or made a good profit, techniques used, do you keep them for your neopets or sell them/gift/trade/auction, have you donated as well? I know, lots of stuff to read, but there's a lot for me to research and this is only my fourth day. I need more than the total of sixteen answers I have gotten so far.

So if you could, please come on in! :)

I often go there and get my 10 items a day. Usually it's all junk, but on occasion I've snagged items worth more than 5k (Rainbow Torn Gym Socks-- I've gotten those two or three times). The junk items go straight into my SDB for discarding for the Rubbish avvie. I love the SHS. 10 free items every day? Saves me from having to buy them. :) I have never kept an item for myself- I'm not big into customising, and the outfits my pets have are pretty specific/expensiveish. My techniques are refreshing and clicking, lol. If I don't see anythig good for a little while, I just collect the dung and go. I don't figure it's worth my time to hang around.

Thanks for your insight Rebecca! :D

Yes, that has gotten on my list quite much recently. And I do that as well, minus collecting the dung.

Hm, not everyone is big on custimizing. I see. And I have to agree, getting items without having to buy them is alwas a good thing! :)

Thanks for your insight Rebecca! :D

Yes, that has gotten on my list quite much recently. And I do that as well, minus collecting the dung.

Hm, not everyone is big on custimizing. I see. And I have to agree, getting items without having to buy them is alwas a good thing! :)

No problem. ^_^ Best of luck with your article!

Haha yeah, it's just not my thing. I have such a hard time finding things that look good together, so once I have an outfit, I leave it be. XD

Thank you once again! :laughingsmiley:

I change mine every week or two to try and get votes for my pets, though no one has ever voted for them. Though a person once on the neoboards rated my Xweetok the best at the time. Not that I really care about it, lol.

Thank you once again! :laughingsmiley:

I change mine every week or two to try and get votes for my pets, though no one has ever voted for them. Though a person once on the neoboards rated my Xweetok the best at the time. Not that I really care about it, lol.

Awww. Well, you can enter your pets in the customisation spotlight with the same outfit. Winning it is all luck, really. :)

I really like the SHS. I pick up the odd bit here and there to put in my closet and i've grabbed a few bargains too which I sell rather than keep. I've picked up a couple of pick your own foregrounds recently and i'm saving up for my dream pets so every little bit helps! I don't know if it's my imagination but I seem to get lucky first thing in the morning.