Rude Neopians

Batman

I generally assume if someone is kind of curt on the trading post that it is a language issue. It makes the trading post a little less frustrating that way. I did get really mad at a reseller who was trying to trick me into selling them an item for 100,000np less than it normally sells for. I've been lucky enough to encounter enough weird and/or threatening people that rudeness is actually the preferred alternative.

It is official, I am stopping trying to finish my gallery right now. Just offered someone the only amount I have found online and got a response back of "lol". If you want good offers just post what you are looking for. Don't leave all the leg work to the buyer. And even after being completely pissed off I sent a message of

"There is no need to be rude. You didn't have a price on your wishlist and it was the only price I could find on the internet. Good luck selling." Seriously how hard is it to be polite not very...

Ugh, that's really rude. :/

I get so annoyed when people don't put a price in their wishlist- just "you know what it's worth" isn't very helpful when that's all ANYONE says about the item. How am I supposed to know what it's worth?

Don't give up hope though! I'm sure you'll be able to get the item sooner or later. :)

Maybe make a post on the trading board saying you're seeking it, and want to know what it's actually worth at the moment. Most of the people on that board are quite knowledgable and may be able to give you a hand! Item databases can often have out of date prices (though, they're really nice to have as a starting baseline!).

I have gotten pretty lucky- I don't often come across rude people. I once got a really rare item from a real life plushie, and when I was trying to sell it, I neomailed a woman whom had the item in her wishlist for her muffin gallery. She responded that she had already purchased it, but wished me luck in selling it. I thanked her for the nice response, and asked her how much she had paid for hers, since I wasn't sure how much I should actually expect for it. She was lovely and polite, and I sold it soon afterwards, after putting the price she had paid for hers as my wishlist for it. The Jellyneo price was about a million more! I would have had it sitting around for ages, haha. So there are really nice people around, whom want to help out. :)

I have experienced most of these situations and the most annoying to me are the disparaging trade nms like the "lol" response. Cuz chances are, if you can only find one price, they're just assuming that your'e more of a n00b than they are when they probably have an outdated price or bad advice on what the price should be. The presumptuousness really grinds my gears.

I get so annoyed when people don't put a price in their wishlist- just "you know what it's worth" isn't very helpful when that's all ANYONE says about the item. How am I supposed to know what it's worth?

THIS. It may just be my biggest pet peeve for trading post wishlists. I scroll through pages of "you know what it's worth" and I'm sitting there going "if I knew what it was worth I would be offering already!"

• 2 weeks later...

I've had people be mean to me because of KeyQuest. I have an incredibly laggy computer, and sometimes my internet cuts out randomly for a few minutes, so I've been called a sore loser many times because I don't participate in the minigames and my connection breaks occasionally. They think I'm ragequitting. >.<

I think there's a lot of really rude responses to people in the Help Chat, it beggars belief! Completely uncalled for- have seen posts randomly insulting other peoples pets, or purposely raining all over their parade if someone is happy about a new pet or something... why?! Ugh.

I think there's a lot of really rude responses to people in the Help Chat, it beggars belief! Completely uncalled for- have seen posts randomly insulting other peoples pets, or purposely raining all over their parade if someone is happy about a new pet or something... why?! Ugh.

What a sad bunch of people. They ought to go play TNT smasher instead, get some of that frustration out. Sounds like they need it.

I haven't interacted with many players yet (though I expect a lot of rude people with what I've read), but I've recently replied a simple "No." to an offer that was made on a Petpet paintbrush (it was too low in my opinion—I had a set price on the TP, but I accepted haggling). I don't see it as being rude though.

I think I can come across as too blunt sometimes, but I prefer to be direct.

I haven't interacted with many players yet (though I expect a lot of rude people with what I've read), but I've recently replied a simple "No." to an offer that was made on a Petpet paintbrush (it was too low in my opinion—I had a set price on the TP, but I accepted haggling). I don't see it as being rude though.

I think I can come across as too blunt sometimes, but I prefer to be direct.

I wouldn't exactly consider that rude. I don't know, maybe cause I'm pretty direct too, but you had a price set and you didn't agree with their offer so a "No" is completely reasonable. I wouldn't expect anything else :)