Sutek's Tomb: what am i missing?

mishalunchbox

I've been playing Sutek's Tomb for the World Challenge, and i'm seeing some scores that lead me to believe there's some secret i haven't been let in on.

By my figuring, the mechanics of the game are such that 500 points per minute is a pretty outstanding rate, and one that requires some luck to achieve. This means than in 56 minutes, one should only be able to get in the neighborhood of 28,000 points (give or take a couple thousand tops for extra lucky bonuses).

But there are two players, one in particular, who consistently -- i mean, EVERY TIME they play -- get 45k to 65k. Based on what i know about the game, this is impossible to do even ONE time, let alone three times a day every day! So what do they know that i don't? I would love to be able to rake in my 24k points in only a half hour so i can go do something else. Fifty six straight minutes of Sutek is a bit much for me.

Another question: is there a maximum number of players allowed in a single challenge? Like, if you enter a challenge that already has 5 or 6 players, does your score get tallied in with the next challenge?

I can answer your last question. There is no maximum to the number of participants per hour, just the minimum. If you get a lot of people, the top FOUR instead of three get prizes.

I'm not great at Sutek's Tomb, so I can't help you there.

Hmmmmm...... that makes me wonder if there's mischief afoot. I took this screenie the other day; there are already two scores on the tally even though it's only 38 seconds into the challenge; i know the previous scores had been counted up already because that Neomail you see in the upper left corner is TNT telling me i placed high enough for a prize in the hour that just ended.

sutek22kpersecond.gif

So maybe it's possible to play a game as long as you like, and then join the challenge immediately before submitting the score? That could be how that one girl always gets such high scores. If that didn't sound a whole lot like cheating to me, i would try it out. ....but can it really be cheating, if TNT isn't busting them? I thought they were like TOO vigilant about that stuff.

So maybe it's possible to play a game as long as you like, and then join the challenge immediately before submitting the score?

Nope. When doing a world challenge, it specifically says to close any existing instances of the game before you start.