Habits and idiosyncrasies.

Bubbleline

Suddenly, I'm really curious about any habits (good or bad) my fellow TDNFers have.

I've had a horrid habit or plucking my hair whenever I'm stressed or nervous for a few years now. I'm trying my hardest to stop it because it can get so bad that I virtually have no eyelashes or part of my eyebrows are gone, which makes me even more stressed/self-conscience which leads into a vicious cycle of plucking and worrying. I also recently noticed that I randomly start tugging or pulling at any necklace I'm wearing, and if I'm not wearing 1 I just end up rubbing my collarbone. Then there are the habits I developed because of shyness >.> Anywho, let's hear them habits, y'all.

I might get a little stressed about the computer not working,or this....I have lice in my hair....UGH!FOR A YEAR.....and I hate cockroaches and spiders.(except spyders)

I have a really bad habit of going in to the kitchen to see if there's anything I want whenever I'm bored. That's why I basically only 'stock up' on fruits and veggies c;

I also fiddle with my earrings when I'm nervous - I really hate that because I think people can tell that I'm nervous because of it and this makes me even more nervous /:

I probably don't count since I've been diagnosed OCD but I pick at my cuticles and feet relentlessly. Having eczema there doesn't help I'm sure. But I used to dig my nails into pressure points (which I still have scars from) and then I switched to rubbing a spot on the back of my head (where hair still won't grow 10 years later). Considering my former habits my current ones are practically normal :laughingsmiley:

vyvren: I have that habit too, but nothing to blame it on except poor willpower. I like your idea of only keeping healthy things around!

My main nervous habit is picking at the skin around my nails, and biting my nails. I've been fighting it though, for about three years now my nails and cuticles have been in better shape. It's hard for me, the best way for me to do it is to keep them polished and then I don't mess with them.

I've never really had a problem with nail biting but I heard that putting something unpleasant tasting on them helps deter you. Like lemon juice or the juice of a hot pepper.

I have a terrible habit of chewing my lips until they're raw when I'm really nervous. I chew and pull at the skin until they're sore and/or bleeding in some spots. I've been doing this for years, it's really terrible. But I've been getting a little better with not doing it lately. :)

I have a terrible habit of chewing my lips until they're raw when I'm really nervous. I chew and pull at the skin until they're sore and/or bleeding in some spots. I've been doing this for years, it's really terrible. But I've been getting a little better with not doing it lately. :)

Same here. I do it when I'm mad though or seriously annoyed. I have like little craters kinda in my lips from it and scars on the inside of my cheeks from biting them.

I bite my lips until they bleed also. It's mainly when I'm stressed which is quite often. Something else I do when I'm stressed it play Suteks Tomb even if I have already sent my scores for the day. I don't know if that can really be considered a habit though.... lol

Rubbing of collarbone when I feel like acting as if I'm shy or timid.

Eye twitching when I want to show a joking side (Usually with my close friends)

Knuckle cracking when I feel stressed.

A twitching of my hand/odd hand movements because I prefer to have people think I'm a bit off. (It's safer that way. They ask less questions)

Lots of jaw movement. I have a bad jaw and have to relocate it often. (Even during eating...)

Chewing on my lips and inside of my mouth when stressed.

Constantly adjusting my glasses because I prefer to look the part of the geeky librarian that I am. It makes me seem smarter than I probably am.

Erm, that's all I can think of.

I had no idea there were so many lip chewers in the world. :laughingsmiley: I don't chew my lips specifically but chew more on the inside of my lips. It's not really even a nervous tick, I just do it all the time, no matter what mood I'm in.

I also have "internet habits" -- sometimes I'll be going to look something up, and instead type in the url of a site I visit frequently or something. It's like going into the kitchen and staring into the fridge when you're actually looking for something else. :P

I had no idea there were so many lip chewers in the world. :laughingsmiley: I don't chew my lips specifically but chew more on the inside of my lips. It's not really even a nervous tick, I just do it all the time, no matter what mood I'm in.

I also have "internet habits" -- sometimes I'll be going to look something up, and instead type in the url of a site I visit frequently or something. It's like going into the kitchen and staring into the fridge when you're actually looking for something else. :P

Yes, so many lip chewers! And it sounds like some of you really hurt yourselves with it! D: And I'm always getting distracted on my computer. When doing research projects and such, I find it hard to stay on task. And I constantly get distracted in person, it even shows with the way I talk and how I jump from 1 subject to another and then back again. :rolleyes_anim:

I have a thing with symmetry, where if I touch for instance my left arm and I can still feel that it's been touched afterwards, I have to touch my right arm in the same place so both arms feel the same. I'm sure I look completely ridiculous doing it, but I like to think that I'm sneaky about it (I'm probably not). It was much worse when I was younger, so I suppose there's hope!

I also feel like I need to walk on the left side of someone if we're walking together, and I can't stand it if someone passes me by on my left side. It makes my insides convulse. This is why I always brush against the left wall, when possible.

This thread makes me feel less alone in my craziness :P

This thread makes me feel less alone in my craziness :P

*crazy five* You are not alone with the weirdness.

I like throwing things into the air. It doesn't matter what the object is be it a body spray, pencil, or water bottle. I will toss it into the air. I also make really weird faces at my friends in public. I am also a lip chewer (especially when I'm put in uncomfortable situations!)

Wow, I had no idea there were so many lip chewers around, either! I feel less alone now. :P I noticed last night and this morning that I have a habit of cracking my knuckles, wrists, ankles, back, etc if I'm bored or trying to kill time.

Hah! I crack everything just becasue I'm getting old. Lucky you to do it just when you want to. ><

I crack my knuckles all the time. I've tried to become more conscious of when/where I'm doing it so as to not annoy the people around me, but most of the time I don't even realize that I'm doing it.

I also occasionally crack my back, wrists, knee, etc.

There's certain websites that if I visit I just end up staying for hours. It's mostly youtube, but many forums and websites with articles just eat my time away. Most of the time when it happens I was originally looking at something completely different. Luckily this isn't an everyday occurrence, otherwise I'd get nothing done, lol! :laughingsmiley:

My main habit that I do out of nervousness is picking at my nails. I've never been a biter, but if I'm particularly worried I'll find I've picked my nail before I've noticed what I'm doing. I like having long nails so it's a habit I want to break, but I've been doing it since childhood so that's easier said than done.