religions repeat itself

etaash

hi everyone,

i'm kind of freaked out that all of the stories of religion have something in common, one example that Noah's ark actually appears in ancient Greek history as well and it reappears. and for it to be a flood it's hard that it moves from africa and almost all of asia

Religion can be altered too much.

Like, I'm christian, but I honestly don't know what to believe in the bible because it's been changed too many times.

(this point is from a entirely non-religious viewpoint) Things like that are more likely religions reflecting things that actually happened, and likely exaggerating them to an extreme degree. The earth's climate- espically around Africa around the time humans were first evolving into modern humans- can change wildly in a relatively short period of time. If a very large part of Africa or Europe got hit by a flood, a really long rain, or something of the like, it would be natural for ancient peoples to assume that the whole world flooded and record it as such. And as such things do naturally mess with the landscape, it'd be normal for them to think that entire continents moved or something.

Also, as a mod note: I'm leaving this here as it's not exactly a debate. If it becomes one, it will be moved. Just play nice, k?

I remember for World Lit, my teacher told us about the collective unconscious which means that whenever someone thinks of a NEW idea, it goes to the collective unconsious, and then others can think of it too. He said that is why the stories are so similar.