[FIXED] GLITCH: Private Messages

Ian

Hello everybody,

Whenever you delete an unread private message, it decreases your "new messages" (on the top navigation) by two. Right now, I have -56 new messages, heh. This isn't a bug with just our board, it's a bug with all IPB 2.2.2 boards. I have raised this issue with IPB and it should be fixed soon. For now, don't trust your "new messages" number and just keep checking your inbox every day for new PMs.

Your "new messages" number count will be reset once the main bug is fixed.

Thanks,

Ian

All of them were reported posts, actually. Your "new messages" count will get messed up too even when the messages have been read.

Yea, I figured I was picking on those staff members who don't read all those reports, like Anime. :P But I understand, if they are taken care of why bother reading them.

EDIT: I think it had to be UNREAD messages justin.

Yea, I figured I was picking on those staff members who don't read all those reports, like Anime. :P But I understand, if they are taken care of why bother reading them.

EDIT: I think it had to be UNREAD messages justin.

No wonder. I have had 0 unread messages for a long time. Thanks for the notification.

Well what I noticed with the old forums were that, say, you recieved lots of reports of a spammy post (*cough*), went to check the inbox and see (for example) 4 unique reports and when you click one, the "X New Messages" goes down to 0. Hrmph.

Anyway. Good thing to point it out.