guild layout

webpixie

working on a new layout and have came aross a few issues, im using codeing that overwrites all the font onthe main page to make the basic text and the bold text a certain color... well theres an area that i want to be a diffrent color because its over an image(top right of hte page)

http://www.neopets.com/guilds/guild.phtml?id=1400508

but i guess because of the previous codeing i cant do a normal 'font color=' in html

any ideas or am i just outta luck?

also noticed a weird bug with my background not covering the background of the poll options in firefox.. tho not sure that one bothers me enough to mess with..

for refrance this is my style tag..its formed by many diffrent tutorials so honestly i dont know what half it means, lol just enough to edit what i want to edit...usually..

<style>#object{visibility:hidden;}#embed{display:none;}#m,#n,#mb,#ban{visibility: hidden;}#ban{height:0px;}table,td{background:transparent;} #tbg{background:transparent !important;}#input,#select,#nst{visibility:hidden;}body {background:url(http://webpixies.com/hold2/cncfishbg.gif) top left;}td,font,p,i,body,div,map {color:black; font:8pt verdana;}b{color:#3e7303;}a{color:#70bd19;font:8pt verdana;}a:hover{color:#3e7303;}</style>

Is it the...

"~February~

Top Donater

pervyfaerie

Member of the Month

magoo0510

Guessing Game Winner

Jackladynight"

... part? Which you don't want to "obey the main rules for fonts" if you know what I mean?

yea, its too dark for the background in that area to read properlly... was wanting to make it white..

You could try using the normal font color="... etc HTML-coding. But if that doesn't work try adding..

.ht{color:#FFFFFF;}

... withing the style-tags and then add...

<div class="ht">TEXT AFFECTED</div>

Hopefully it should work.

And you seem to be somwhat familiar to CSS-coding so I think you'll figure out how to change the color of the text. It doesn't necessarely need to be called "ht" you can actually call it whatever you like. :)

yea i already tried the asic html that was a nogo..

this worked on the names but not the text in bold.. bah i guess i could jsut take the text out of bold..

*plays with it some more*

This is where my knowledge ends in CSS, although I'm still playig with it. You could try putting in...

b.ht{color:#FFFFFF}

... between the style-tags and then add CLASS="ht" within the bold-tag, like...

<B CLASS="ht">text</B>

Then again you could make a new thingy inbetween the style-tags called .htb adding color and text-weight:bold;

Or you could try only adding weight:bold; I can't really remember which of them it is. Then do that <div class="htb"> thingy only to the text that should be bold. Haha, you probably got it already, I tend to overexplain things :P

i like it over explained means i understand it better for next time.. heh

ok that works i think i like all the text in that box bold since its still a little hard to read but allot better then the other color... thankies

tho i did have todo a quick serch and find the whole code term "font-weight:bold"

yay for more css knowledge... the more complicated stuff always confuses me when trying to understand it on my own..

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Matt).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Matt if you have any questions regarding this action.