Just a random piercing poll. (:

heatherlynarmstrong

Okay, so this is probably really random, but I need someone to help me out here. (:

I currently have my lobes pierced once in both ears (stretched), and my cartilage is pierced twice in my left ear and once in my right. All of those are just standard piercings. (:

Anyway, so it really gets on my nerves that my left ear has more piercings than my right, so I was thinking, should I get an industrial or rook piercing in my right ear? The industrial would of course be just above the cartilage piercing I already have. Or should I just get my cartilage pierced again, exactly like my left ear?

I'm kind of leaning towards an industrial, or rook piercing because I kind of want it to stand out a bit, but I'm having the hardest time deciding!

Anyone have an ideas on what they think would be the best? (:

THANKS!

Also, comment with what types of piercings you have! (:

Go for the industrial! I reckon it's look really good, and it's always nice being different. Plus you can get it done in so many different ways. At the moment i only have both ear lobes pierced twice, but i have big plans for the future. I definitely want my naval pierced and my cartilage pierced in one ear. Then i'm quite keen for a tongue piercing, and either snake bites or spider bites on the side opposite to my cartilage piercing.

Oh god please don't get an industrial piercing. I've known three people with that piercing and NONE of them worked out. It takes over 2 years to heal and sometimes it never does. :(

I have my tragus with a little bb ring and it looks pretty sweet, plus it healed much better than both of those will!

In the past I've had my sternum, anti-eyebrow, lip (middle, normal) & lip (side).

I currently have my lip (vertical), nose (re-pierced for the third time, thing falls out XD), tongue, belly (top and bottom) and my left nipple (vertical). I need more. Love them xD

I would personally even it out. That's what I've always done. I prefer the matching look, to having a different number in each ear.

I had only lobe piercings until I was 17, when I got my left cartilage pierced. I ended up going back a couple weeks later, and getting the matching right cartilage done. Each time I've gotten my cartilage pierced since (I had to re-do the right side after having to let it close after a MRI as well as getting 2 more cartilage done) I've always gone ahead and done both ears at the same time.

I have 3 piercings in each ear lobe, but for the last couple of years, I haven't had earrings in them, except once in awhile for special occasions. And I had 3 sets in my cartilage, but I ended up letting one set close and I generally wear tiny gold hoops in the other 2.

Rook! It hurts a little bit but it's an awesome piercing!

I have tons of piercings!

Lobes - twice

Cartilage - right ear

Rook - left ear

Conch - left ear

Tragus - right ear

Nose pierced and Septum pierced

Bottom lip - left

Clavicals - surface piercings

Naval - (so cliche :) )

Tons of them!

See, pain level, I can handle...I mean, I pierced my cartilage myself. Which wasn't the smartest thing, but I was very careful, sanatized everything, and used gloves. All that. But, I am concerned about the healing process of an industrial. My friend got her industrial and she said it is such a pain to take care of, because it's prone to infection. I'm willing to deal with that, but if it never seems to get better, it might not be worth it. :/

I'd like to get my lip pierced too! But, my parents are very strict Mormon, so I'm taking things slow with the piercings, and just sticking to the ears.

So...I should get my rook done? (:

i say go with the industrial, but i love those piercings myself.

I have my nose and ears right now, in the past i have had my sternum, my lip, and my ears done twice. Thinking about getting more again, just not too sure which ones.

All three of the people I know with industrials were forced to take them out due to infection (despite cleaning regularly), and two of their ears look dodgy at the top where it's healed.

Rook would probably be better if you're intent on getting that sort of piercing, but again, healing will be a pain in the bum :P

I had the same issue...5 piercings on my left ear and 4 on my right.

Left: 3 mid cartilage piercings and 2 lobe piercings (both gauged - size 0 and size 2)

Right: 2 top cartilage piercings and 2 lobe piercings (both gauged - size 0 and size 2)

I ended up doing tragus piercings, but that still left my ears uneven...and one ended up growing out (aka my body rejecting it).

Was going to pierce my right ear again, but opted to just take out my cartilage piercings because they ended up always getting irritated with how I slept at night...may have also been with the angle I pierced them (did all of the cartilage ones myself).

And since everyone is sharing their piercings...here's my list lol.

tongue, belly, 4 in my lip (2 on each side that I did myself when I was 15/16), 4 in ears (2 in each ear...all of them gauged), 2 dermals (lower back), and 2 in my nipples (1 in each, horizontal).

Was planning on more dermals/skin divers, but I'm saving money for more tattoos. Currently even on both tattoos and piercings though (14 of each). ^_^