I still don't understand the Clockwork Negg

ParanoidCactus

I've read though a ton of topics on this and I still do not understand what is going on with this puzzle.

I read though the explanations on Jellyneo but it didnt make any sence to me. Can someone please give me a simple explination of this game?

Heres the puzzle it gave me. http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q311/candyshopqwe/dsnfewrgewrg.png

I found the explanation on sunnyneo really helpful!

basically you just have to know that there can only be one of each item with each colour

one one fire symbol can be red, only one flower can be red, only one shield can be red, the same with purple and yellow.

so you'll have three purple squares, three yellow, three red, each with a different symbol

ok.first thing you have to do is look at the symbol at the top of your negg and then click on the corresponding one on the scroll. this will give you your clue tiles. the object is to fit them into the negg by clicking the symbols along the bottom of the scroll. You have 3 symbols and each one should appear once in each of the three colours.If you fit in the clue tiles you should be able to work out the missing ones