Hey Americans :) some help?

angellicaz

Ooh well that's good then.. :)

Why isn't Orange County good?

Yeahh I was looking at like a population thing and it seemed like hardly anyone lives in a lot of places, it was like "1-10 people per square mile" I was like whaaat! But then Cali has a huge population so I guess most people live in the big cities like LA and stuff..

Is Oakland a bad area?

Thanks for the info by the way :)

Orange County not that good? I would love to hear your reasoning on this... *confused*

Like I said, there's bad parts everywhere, but I think OC is pretty good. IE isn't half bad either, I'm having a blast here. :) I can go to SD in 1 1/2 hour, LA in 50 minutes, LV is only 4 hours drive, beach is only 40 minutes, skiing in an hour, I haven't seen any crime yet in 2 1/2 years... Nothing to complain!

The earthquakes are not too bad, and there is crime everywhere...especially big cities.

I would suggest Washington (the state), although it does get quite chilly during the winter.

If you're looking for a place that's warm for most of the year, Florida/Georgia would be your best bet.

Looking for a hot place? Arizona. It's only April and we're hitting the high 90's...it went from semi-chilly to hot in less than a week.

You should probably also factor in the career you would be most interested in along with price range and all of that.

I thought California was the hottest of the states? XD

Wow Jacky that's soo cool I'm jelous haha! :( I had puddles in my shoes from the pouring rain today, I'm so sick of it :(

Nope, California isn't even in the top 10 for hottest state, and sadly, Arizona is only number 10 although we've been hitting 100 degrees in April for a while now. :sick02: The hottest place in the United States is Death Valley though, which is in California.

ive lived in san fran cali and sleepy hollow NY (20 minutes from nyc), but i was born and lived in houston texas for most of my life. i currently live in houston. i loved living in all 3. cali is hot but theres no humidity at all. ny is a great place to live but super expensive and its hot and kinda humid in the summer. texas is a cheap place to live but the summers are brutal. 100+ days with almost 100% humidity.

Nope, California isn't even in the top 10 for hottest state, and sadly, Arizona is only number 10 although we've been hitting 100 degrees in April for a while now. :sick02: The hottest place in the United States is Death Valley though, which is in California.

Wow really? what's the hottest states then? Yeah I know about death valley, it's scary hehe!

ive lived in san fran cali and sleepy hollow NY (20 minutes from nyc), but i was born and lived in houston texas for most of my life. i currently live in houston. i loved living in all 3. cali is hot but theres no humidity at all. ny is a great place to live but super expensive and its hot and kinda humid in the summer. texas is a cheap place to live but the summers are brutal. 100+ days with almost 100% humidity.

I think NY would be a bit too chaotic for me, and really is texas good? I've never really thought about it, for some reason I've just associated it with cowboys? *hides* hehe. Well I live in the UK so humidity is something I'm used to :(

Best not to live in the US at all. It totally sucks here.

Oh dear haha, whyyyy? It's a dream of mine :( I hate living in the UK, I'm soooo so so so so sick of grey skies and rain..

Wow really? what's the hottest states then? Yeah I know about death valley, it's scary hehe!

According to a website called Current Results, the 10 hottest states year-round are (1 to 10): Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Texas, Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina, Arkansas, and Arizona.

According to Yahoo, the 10 hottest states (ranke by their average monthly temperatures) are: Hawaii, Florida, Louisiana, Texas, Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina, Arkansas, and Arizona.

The two hottest temperatures ever recorded have been Death Valley (California) at 132 degrees (Fahrenheit) and Lake Havasu (Arizona) at 128 degrees.

I was just researching places in california to move because my family and i are considering new scenery. I actually saw that several of the smaller towns in california made the top ten safest cities, granted places like Miami and L.A. will always be for the rougher crowd but as far as safety goes there are a few places out there that aren't that bad.

I was just researching places in california to move because my family and i are considering new scenery. I actually saw that several of the smaller towns in california made the top ten safest cities, granted places like Miami and L.A. will always be for the rougher crowd but as far as safety goes there are a few places out there that aren't that bad.

There's actually a place right outside of LA that is really nice, but the housing is quite expensive. My sister and her family had a 1-bedroom apartment close to Manhattan Beach that was $1500 a month, not including utilities. Now they're in Orange County paying around the same I think for a townhome (2-bedrooms).

Oh dear haha, whyyyy? It's a dream of mine :( I hate living in the UK, I'm soooo so so so so sick of grey skies and rain..

Really, you are better off where you are. England (and Europe in general) is so beautiful, and there is so much to learn about everything there. And the warm, damp weather is wonderful. I live currently in this dump known as Massachusetts, it's terrible. Summer is too hot, winter is too cold, it smells of grease and car exhaust and it's so freaking UGLY. Nothing to see except, buildings, cars and the occasional park where you can still see all the highways.Once I can get a student Visa, off to Europe I go. I'll never miss America.