here we go again, SOPA IS BACK!!!

jomarlive

this is totally serious...

well it happening again and it totally bad...

http://rt.com/usa/news/cispa-bill-sopa-internet-175/

another sopa like bill will happen again and another internet raid will happen again...

the new bill called CISPA that can also shutdown the internet is now on the move and it totally dangerous than SOPA and PIPA...

well i'm opposing this bill...

(and also making art about it...)

and what up with all those internet shutdown bills?

and it could totally affect this website

and what do you think the bill will be dead like sopa and pipa?

i found a petition page http://www.avaaz.org/en/stop_cispa/?ttaeff is also talk about this.

https://wfc2.wiredforchange.com/o/9042/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=8444

and this is photo about that bill

no_cispa_by_jomarcenter-d4vj2zu.png

i trust that this will not pass, just as sopa and pipa did not. only misinformed morons re: the interwebs would support this bill and there aren't enough of those in power to have this go through. reading about these bills just annoys me

i trust that this will not pass, just as sopa and pipa did not. only misinformed morons re: the interwebs would support this bill and there aren't enough of those in power to have this go through. reading about these bills just annoys me

A large reason that both of these didn't pass was the massive movement against it (petitions, etc) within the online community. Sooner or later the numbers of people outwardly speaking against it to defend out right to privacy on the internet will be so small that one of these bills will pass. If we defeat CISPA, how long will it be before another bill is purposed? I don't know how many times we can win the same war for the simple reason of laziness.

And the "well the others didn't pass so this one won't" mentality is a huge part of that. If we comfort ourselves by thinking that, if we make it sound okay to just sit back and relax on your computer and not worry about CISPA and the bills to come after CISPA, I'm afraid we will eventually lose this fight.

For the record, I understand that this may apply differently to different countries/areas and that it is far from as simple as it may seem I'm portraying it to be, but my point is simply this. Don't get too comfortable in this fight against censorship.