Quick question.

Bubbleline

Okay, so I got an Ultra Platinum Nerkmid for my Wheel of Extravagance spin today, and looked into pricing and such so I could auction it off. The thing is, I've never auctioned anything before, so I was surprised when i saw that th nerkmid was still shown in my inventory. Now my question is this: can it still be stolen or destroyed by a random event, or is it safe while it's being auctioned? I'd cry if it was zapped by sloth or nabbed by the pant devil, and i looked at guides and such and they never really mentioned that. Please and thank you for any answers. :)

It's safe while it's in auction--same as if you put it on the trading post.

Congrats on the nerkmid! I've just been getting 0 np or 25k np for the last week :axehead:

It's safe while it's in auction--same as if you put it on the trading post.

Congrats on the nerkmid! I've just been getting 0 np or 25k np for the last week :axehead:

Thanks for the info. I've been afraid to refresh on neopets ever since i set up the auction. And that sucks that the wheel is being mean to you. I've just started spinning it and after 3 times I've won 100,001np, +5 intell for my pet (which crushed me), and this nerkmid. I must be pretty lucky :D

I've wondered too, but I'm 99% sure it's safe. I have an item on the trading post and even though it's in my inventory, it doesn't show up in quick stock and when I click on it it says "This item is active in the trading post and cannot be removed until the transaction is completed."

What if it got changed during the auction process? It would be rather silly if it could be zapped or stolen while you're actively trying to sell it!

I type slow. :*

Edited by passiflora

By the way, I just went looking to see how much the Ultra Platinum Nerkmid is worth...and it's about 230k on the Trading Post. Trading post won't let you sell for more than 800k pure, but this one's under that. I found your auction, and it's less than half of that. I'm going to bid on it.

Oh my gosh, haha. Thank you Karina. I figured that as long as I made back the money I spent on the wheel I'd be fine. I also saw that I had sold it for a bit cheap but then i found out that you couldn't take it out of auction. :*

There will always be auction snipers looking for good deals. My guess is that some people will try to outbid me, anyway, and then I'll just keep bidding, driving up the price XD We'll find out if that happens. Anyone want to join in the bidding war?

Haha, thank you, but I wouldn't want you to accidently end up paying for it. And I think i read somewhere that purposely driving up the price like that isn't allowed. >.< I wouldn't want anyone to get in trouble for good intentions.

Haha, thank you, but I wouldn't want you to accidently end up paying for it. And I think i read somewhere that purposely driving up the price like that isn't allowed. >.< I wouldn't want anyone to get in trouble for good intentions.

Don't worry about that. It's not an accident. I'm not purposely driving up the price...I'm just bidding. And if other people bid, hey, I'll outbid them. For a little while.