Safety Deposit Box Evaluation

Skeggiold

Hi,

I've come back to Neopets after a long hiatus, now the issue I'm dealing with is my huge SDB. I've got plenty of stuff in it and I have no idea what everything is worth. I have no idea if I have any hidden gems in my SDB, or if all of it is just useless junk.

I realise that I could look up every item one by one in the Shop Wizard, but I have no real intention of doing that.

What I was thinking was to "query" my SDB for all the items stored in it, or export all the items in my SDB to Excel or something. Is there a tool available for doing this? Or does Neopets provide us with any of these features?

Once I have a list I could write a program to get the current value worth of each of these items, thus separating the junk items from the valuable ones.

Hmm, I'm not sure about writing a program, that might fall under cheating.

But otherwise, have you tried going through your SDB by category, and checking prices on jellyneo? I appreciate they're not always 100% accurate, but it can give you an idea of a price. And going by category should lessen the task, maybe by doing one a day?

A category a day sounds like a good idea for getting it done. Like Kaana says writing a program would probably be considered cheating :/

Or just let the items sit for awhile, and after you play Neo for a couple weeks, you'll start to get the feel for what's junk and what might be worth something. Then you can just look up prices for things that are more likely to be valuable.

This was my situation a couple months ago when I started playing again... I felt really lost since my knowledge of item worth on Neo was long gone. Only took me a couple weeks to get back in the swing of things, though.

I think annikarose hit it spot on. I need to get the feel of what items are worth nowadays. I'll hang around the Trading Post and Auction House and I'm sure I'll be able to tell the junk from the rest.

Thanks for the tips!

It's a long and slow process after returning from a hiatus, but I like the above point -- hang around for a bit and get a feel for it, search the occasional questionable item, etc. You'll get there. But even if you don't, sometimes it's a good idea to leave some items that are junky in your SDB because later on they become valuable. Of course, that's always a bit of a gamble. Good luck :)