I can't get this avatar :(

angellicaz

I've been trying to get the Game Graveyard avatar for so long now, it's really getting frustrating :( It's been weeks and I still haven't got it, I must have refreshed like 10 thousand times now... does anyone have any tips or ideas of what I can do? :( I've even held down the F5 key lots of times but nothing...

Just keep trying, you'll get it eventually! Some of those refreshing ones can be really stubborn. One thing I will say though is I've heard on the boards recently of people being frozen for using the F5 key, even though Neopets state in an editorial that it's alright as long as you're doing it manually. Be careful :P (I use CTRL + R)

EDIT: Also if you haven't you should check you haven't got it and not realised :P Sometimes happens with refreshing, especially if you're doing it a lot.

I had really bad trouble with Drackonack as well XD Who knew all you had to do was switch the cheeses around *facepalm*

I'm sure you'll get it soon hun :) Don't give up!

It took me ages, too! The best thing to do is probably to sit in front of the TV and press down F5 for half an hour straight.

*pokes previous posts* I wouldn't recommend that from what I've heard :P

Thanks everyone :D Yes drackonack was annoying too! I seem to have rotten luck with randoms :(

Why wouldn't you recommend it?

As in holding down F5, cause I've heard some stories of icing. Especially with Chrome users.

As in holding down F5, cause I've heard some stories of icing. Especially with Chrome users.

to be honest TNT will freeeze you for most things if they're in that funny banhammer swinging mood, i usually just refresh for 2-3 minutes go do something else come back refresh 2-3 minutes rinse and repeat till i get the avatar. at the moment i'm trying to unlock the rest of neopian defenders :/

I think it's more of a problem if you do it for hours. I don't really think that there is another way to get the avatar than pressing F5 down for a while as the likely hood of getting the avatar is very low per refresh (hope this makes any sense at all). I'm not saying that you should press f5 for 3 hours straight. That might indeed look suspicious.

Good luck. That's basically all it is, luck. I tried for an hour everyday for two weeks straight then stopped for a few months. Then in 2009 I randomly decided to try it again and the first try I got it in about 50 refreshes.

i think every now and then, take your finger off. :P

the reason TNT do that is because they dislike programs, and if you are holding it down it looks that way to the system

this came up for people who were using opera a few years back, as it has an auto-refresh function built in, and some people were using it for some of the refreshing stuff. also because REs occur on refreshing, is another reason why they aren't fond of programs as thats "taking advantage and earning nps"

i just F5 and normally i let the page load and just refresh pages when i'm between other stuff :)

Wow, thanks to everyone for so many responses :)

I see that that avatar has been stubborn for most people, atleast that makes me feel a little better :) I'm missing lots of random ones!

As for the F5, that's what I've been doing just pressing for like 5 seconds and leaving for a while whilst I do other stuff! But I am really scared of getting frozen now, TNT froze my main account last year that I had for like 7 years because of "autobuying" when I never even restocked in shops, let alone do that! They wouldn't even tell me what I did to make them think that so now I'm trying to be super cautious about anything at all that I do, my account was so precious to me! :sad01_anim: :'( So I think I will stay away from holding down F5! :)

Thanks again everyone :laughingsmiley:

Yupp- that's one avatar that's also impossible for me to get. Maybe one day when I have oodles of free time I'll try- until then it will sit there and not be mine :3

One thing I will say though is I've heard on the boards recently of people being frozen for using the F5 key, even though Neopets state in an editorial that it's alright as long as you're doing it manually.

Thats how I did it? I just didnt hold down the f5 key for that long...I took little breaks in between

Thats how I did it? I just didnt hold down the f5 key for that long...I took little breaks in between

Well.. It's your account :P I'm just warning people on what I've heard. Personally I wouldn't risk it for an avatar if there's a chance I could get iced.