Premium trial/cancelation question?

Sakeru_Kyori

So I am currently debating on getting a 15 day trial of Premium but I saw that the Premium stuff is getting revamped making it so people can't cancel right now. I was just wondering if I should wait until the revamping is done? Just incase if it isn't over when my 15 days are up. I was also wondering if anyone knew when the revamping would be done in the first place?

TNT say they'll notify us before they make any changes so we'll have a warning to clean out our neopets.com e-mail addresses and whatnot. I'm not sure how long it'll be but hopefully soon! You would probably be better off waiting since as I understand it, it'll be slightly cheaper after the revamp - though all of us that signed up before will pay the same price XD nice one Viacom.

I don't know the answer to any of your questions, but along the same lines..

if you sign up for the free trial, do you get the neomail addict avvie?

Yes you do and also the premium avie. Though I know the premium avie disappears after you cancel your subscription but I'm not sure about the Neomail addict one.

TNT say they'll notify us before they make any changes so we'll have a warning to clean out our neopets.com e-mail addresses and whatnot. I'm not sure how long it'll be but hopefully soon! You would probably be better off waiting since as I understand it, it'll be slightly cheaper after the revamp - though all of us that signed up before will pay the same price XD nice one Viacom.

Well that's good for me but I'm sorry for you guys Saxen, that's really lame of them. Thanks for replying.

I don't use premium (had issues with billing years ago grrr....) but can't believe the current customers are gonna get treated that way!!!! Shouldn't it be the other way around, lower prices for loyal customers or at least the same price, don't get it?

Yes you do and also the premium avie. Though I know the premium avie disappears after you cancel your subscription but I'm not sure about the Neomail addict one.

Well that's good for me but I'm sorry for you guys Saxen, that's really lame of them. Thanks for replying.

The Neomail Addict avvie doesn't disappear, which is why quite a lot of people go for the two week trial and then quit.

It is super lame! It's only like, a few cents difference but that will mount up eventually. Meanies :/

just cancel it and then sign up again and you should logically get the price :P

If I did that I'd lose my Space Faerie Charm, which took me a while to get :P That's obviously the sort of thing they're banking on so people wont start a new plan :(

The Neomail Addict avvie doesn't disappear, which is why quite a lot of people go for the two week trial and then quit.

It is super lame! It's only like, a few cents difference but that will mount up eventually. Meanies :/

Right. Every cent counts now a days. It's sad really -_-' I'm glad we would be able to keep the Neomail avie. I tried so hard to get that thing when I first started on neo but I never got it. Though if I do get premium it will be a long term thing, not short.

Do people request referrals a lot? I kinda want to make it a goal to get the referals prizes when I do sign up :P

I haven't really gone out of my way to find them which is probably why it's taken a while to get the charm :P Some people make boards about needing referrals.

... Don't spose I could be yours when you go for it? :)

I haven't really gone out of my way to find them which is probably why it's taken a while to get the charm :P Some people make boards about needing referrals.

... Don't spose I could be yours when you go for it? :)

Of course ^_- but it still might be a while. I have to get the money first for the yearly plan and for when all the changes are done on premium.

as I understand it, it'll be slightly cheaper after the revamp - though all of us that signed up before will pay the same price

No, no! You won't have to pay more than everyone else! Here's the line from the FAQ:

"Those of you who signed up at the very beginning will not see a change in pricing. Your plan will remain the same. We appreciate your continued support!"

Folks who signed up back when Premium first started years ago have special discounts. This line refers to them, and it means they'll be "grandfathered" in and get to keep those discounts for as long as they remain Premium, even through the revamp. Everyone who doesn't have a discount automatically gets the new prices once the service is updated; you won't have to cancel and then sign up again or anything like that.

I hope that makes sense!

I was so confused when I read this board because I've never had premium but I have the neomail addict avatar....I just realized I got it back when it was just sending an "I love neomail" neomail to a friend. I too am thinking about signing up for premium, but this price thing is buggin me a bit. Also, what is the premium avvie?

So there's a free trial? I might have to test this one out! I actually didn't know that- and they won't bill you after? Do you have to use a credit card number or something to sign up though? :3