*face/palm*

I fear I may have done something stupid again. Technically, I don't know if I'm being scammed or not. And if I am, it's very much my own fault.

I came back to neopets to find my account 14 mil richer. Whoops...it was only supposed to be 1.4 mil from an auction. Someone bid, and whoever it was, they paid ten times the amount it was supposed to be because I accidentally priced it too high.

I got a neomail from someone claiming it was them. For all I know, it could be...except it's a newbie account. Could just be a side account, but still, suspicious, right? They asked it I'd return it by re-bidding on it. I did so...BEFORE noticing it's a newbie account. So I don't know. Could be legit, or it might not be. Either way, I'm an idiot.

Moral of the story: Look before you leap. That goes for me AND for my buyer.

EDIT: Okay. Wow. Right there was an easy way to check. TNT did send me a neomail after my auction was successful, telling me who bid on the item. And it was the right person. I'm ridiculous.

I don't understand. How would this person know about the item/money if it wasn't them? Have you spoken about it anywhere?

I don't understand. How would this person know about the item/money if it wasn't them? Have you spoken about it anywhere?

No, but anyone who saw it on the auctions could find out. It's a good point, though, and it makes me feel a little better that it probably is the right person.

next time ask them to put the item they bought in their gallery so at least you can see they have it. If they bought it they surely will understand that you don't want to give an amount like that to the first one who claims its theirs... But I can't imagine you would get in trouble over that...

That'd be a bit of a strange thing to do if it wasn't the person, so hopefully!

You could mail them and ask if they're on a side/if you could have the link to their main?

Wow.

I'm an idiot.

I really am an idiot.

But a relieved idiot.

When your auction is successful, TNT sends you a neomail telling you who won your item. And it was the right person.

WHERE IS MY BRAIN TONIGHT?