The Lorax

Guest little4lupe

Guest little4lupe

Oh my gosh. I saw this movie today and it was amazing (of course, all of the Dr. Seuss movies are, so I couldn't expect less.) but it had such a great moral to it about saving the environment that I hope will impact at least one child or adult that watches. I don't want to spoil /a thing/ but I believe if one person out of all the people who see it really take something from it, then that one person could be like the main character and truly make a difference in the world.

Ahhh it was just so good. ;o; If you see it, let me know what you think of the characters and story!

I'm not sure if I'll be seeing it but I've heard most people enjoy it. (Well, the two who have seen it.)

It's unfortunately only managed to obtain a 51% rating on Rotten Tomatoes; but we all have to take what reviewers think like a grain of salt; they've sliced up some of my favourite movies before!

Dr.Seuss was known to put a lot of little messages into his supposedly child-based story lines, and this one he actually straight out called his own propaganda. In this case, the Logging Industry took huge offense to the book and even attempted banning it in a few States. Some people have said that the movie was biased, and it's true, it is, but environmentalism is something that needs to addressed.

Anyway, one of my guildies mentioned it with the same excitement as you, so perhaps I'll be going to see it.

Read the book as a kid XD I think I have a copy floating around somewhere, might go dig it up. I'll probably see it on dvd when it comes out, but it looks great.

It's amazing how environmental issues have been being addressed for such a long time, yet only now are we really taking action.

I'm really excited about seeing this movie! I think it looks super cute, but I am wondering to what degree the environmentalist ideas will be shoved in your face. I don't think it will be bad enough for me not to enjoy the movie. After all, I really enjoyed Wall-E and the discussion that it prompted. I'm sure The Lorax will be along similar lines.

Guest little4lupe

The action people are taking is a little late, in my opinion, but better late than never, let's hope. |:

It's really not THAT bad. I think the most extreme "environmentalist ideal" being shown is during a song. While it's a slightly disturbing portrayal of a good person going bad out of green, I don't think it affected how I enjoyed the movie. o-o It was just realistic.