AP German

Chipmonker

Today at school I found out that the school board nixed AP German (advance placement -> college credit class) for next year. Frau Tremain handed each of the juniors a sheet and and told us that because there wasn't enough people that signed up, it was canceled. Anyway the sheet was an application for us to instead enroll ourselves in an actuall class at a local college or to get into an online class.

I'm absolutely tired of being screwed over by my school.

The form is due Thursday and thankfully I got an guidance teacher appointment tomorrow so I can actually get into one of those classes if I can't get something else. Which btw, I'm going to get b/c I've been absolutely jiped of literally every thing relating to the German classes. For example,

1) The school board (of whom my family knows each member personally) cut the budget on my middle school 8th grade german class. The teacher and my classmates and my family fought for it tooth and nail the entire time & we actually got the school board to get another german teacher from a near by school district. :woot:

2) The normal German teacher (Frau Rochette) has cancer :crying: and is out on medical leave since last year. So over the past 3 years, we have had 6 different German teacher. Half of them quit and the other half were fired for either fighting with the school board or being a really bad teacher (One was literally off the boat from Serbia and barely spoke a word of English and had a pretty annoying destructive temper :grrr:). I also have somewhat of a feeling (lets say I'm willing to bet my life on it) that if Frau Rochette didn't have seniority at our school, they would have already cut the budget.

3) They are now canceling AP German. :grrr:

So I've been talking over with my parents on what we're going to do to try to first see if anything logical can be done. Which I'm actually hoping there will be an option so I can yell at the good-for-nothing guidance counselors and the school board. I know that Frau Rochette and Mrs. NHS (head of foreign language) will back us if they aren't any catches. And maybe while I'm at it, I can get a few of the necropedophile janitors fired.

Maybe, if you help in finding a new good teacher, and get enough students to participate in the class, the school board will find no other choice but to reinstate the AP German Class! Good luck.

Today was quite interesting. I signed up for 20 German classes at 2 different local colleges over the course of the next two semesters, b/c the colleges don't even have their schedules planned yet. x_x

Also I found out that AP German why it is in trouble and isn't the only one in trouble. (I actually had a notion about this, but I didn't realize it was so severe.)

The year I graduated from eight grade, every last feeder school had cut the German program for that year, except for my school (we fought it and won) and another school. Therefore the tiny tiny amount of eligible AP German students = No more AP, ever after this year.

The following year, all the French classes were cut in the feeder schools, therefore next year will be the last AP French. And guess what? Same for Japanese. :grrr: the American school systems. It's just that German will be the only language that will have eligible students drop kicked.

Update:

My current German teacher (Frau Tremain) took a nasty fall last night on a patch of ice. She didn't have time to catch herself and smacked her head on the concrete. Apparently she is okay, but looks like she was assulted.