not sure where to go

kindii

i found one of those sites that you can give them money for accounts and neopoints and nc. i am not sure where to go to report it to neopets properly. i think it is so wrong to trick people. they even have a facebook page and claimed to someone that they can't be banned for it.

I'm sure TNT are aware of sites like this. If I were you I wouldn't mention it onsite or send in a ticket, it's possible it could be viewed as suspicious and you could be frozen. A lovely girl I know was frozen recently for trying to raise awareness of these sites. Please be careful!

i sent a email to their legal department. though that might work. i looked at there abuse report thing and it confused the heck out of me. thanks for the ideas and the warnings.

They can't exactly do anything about those sites. If they did somehow manage to have it closed down, it would pop up somewhere else soon enough.

I really hope they are actually using the information on those sites to find out who is selling/buying accounts and pets. In that sense they're very useful for TNT. Maybe I'm hoping for too much from them, though :P

They can't exactly do anything about those sites. If they did somehow manage to have it closed down, it would pop up somewhere else soon enough

They can do something about it.

They can have it closed down becuase selling neopets/neopoints/accounts is in direct violation of the copyright Neopets holds on these things. Generally the legal department will send them a letter and if they ignore that then they will prosecute them.

Yes it may pop up again, but by helping to have it taken down you keep more and more people from being scammed.