Looking for tips on Tekkitu the Witch Doctor

I'm trying to beat him, have lost twice. I have burrow and my pet is equipped with Ppot, Scarab Ring, Leaf Shield, Greater Healing Scroll, Snowglobe Staff and Red Sticky Hand.

82 health, 78 strength, 52 defence.

Anyway I can do it without increasing my stats a lot more first?

It seems as though you need to update your set before you can have a chance at him.

earth_leafsheild.gifLeaf Shield will almost never be of any use against Tekkitu because he doesn't use earth and uses water and physical at it's minimum. Unequip (for now).

new_dragonstone_5.gif

Earthen Scorchstone is perfect for this battle as most of Tekkitu's weapons use air and dark. Combine this with the Scarab Ring and you will have a pretty solid defense (it would be very wise to increase defense by just 3 more points to reach the next level of defense so more damage is blocked). Almost always use this.

bpo_potion_prickly.gifbpo_potion_voidberry.gif

These potions (the latter being the Voidberry Potion) are okay to use against Tekkitu for the same reasons as the Earthen Scorchstone -- he uses the icons these potions reflect and will use his strength boost. Be wary of using them together, as Tekkitu can easily overpower them and get a lot of icons through. Do not use if Tekkitu is frozen, obviously.

Since Tekkitu's first weapon is Dark Scroll, you shouldn't use the RSH. Unequip (for now).

alm_magic_compass.gif

You should also get another constant weapon to compliment the S-Ring. S-Ring doesn't do much compared to Tekkitu's Bag. I suggest the Golden Compass. It does 9 icons most of the time (when it doesn't it's because of Tekkitu's mask) and has a pinch of dark defense so you aren't totally vulnerable.

You should have 1 slot left. A one-use bomb like the Jar of Meepit Eyes or Stone/Smelly Dung Muffin should take a chunk off of Tekkitu when you freeze him with the Snowglobe Staff.

I'm assume you know about the faerie abilities 'Drain Life', 'Burrow', and "Sink'. Use those.

You may also want to increase your strength to 85 for the next boost (read more). Other than that, timing and luck is all you have to count on. Hope this helped somewhat.

TDN says Essence of Esophagor would be a good fit, but it's 100k, although multi use, I don't think it's truly worth it.

S-Ring is an OK weapon to use, Sink is needed for sure (8 Bottle Dark Faeries), Fiery Gaze can help as well.

TDN also says Snowglobe Staff (in the intermediate level weapon set list) would be a decent choice, I agree, SStaff is always a fun weapon to use, but can be abit risky, considering what attack happening is unpredictable.

Thick Smoke Bomb is alittle on the more expensive side for a single use item, but it does help out in those important battles, in this case I would suggest it... just make sure when you use it the battle is on it's good side, save it when you're in need, since you can only use it once!

Greater Healing Scroll is pretty much a staple, and can help you for about 3 months (considering you train your pet every other day or so) it heals up to 50 HP (once per battle).

But I can be alittle bias with weapons, my all time favorite is the ECA (Everlasting Crystal Apple) it is GODLY against low leveled BD opponents. It heals 30HP, and if you're in a 2P battle, it reveals your opponents weapons... what makes it so good is that it's a Multi Healer. It's basically a guaranteed win.

Although it costs around 3.2mill :rolleyes_anim: it's an investment.

Shooting Star Muffin would be perfect, but alittle pricey... also considering that Tekkitu heals, can be alittle risky... you can pack four or 3...

also, Tortured Snowball can be a downgrade if you don't have enough to get 4 SSMuffin, if you're thinking of getting anything other muffin, other than SSMuffin, stick with the Tortured Snowball or Jar of Meepit Eyes.

Hope that helped, good luck !

I beat him with 70 heath 58 strength and 41 defence......and I think that the golden compass is very good for this battle because tekkitu always uses dark icons in every round. The main thing is get a good dark blocker! With that, you should be fine. I used a Hanso Charisma Charm which is even more perfect for this battle than golden compass. Pair either with your scarab ring and that is better defence. Of course HCC costs 600k.........Get a good freezer and keep withdrawing till you get a freeze the first time and that's about it.