Neopets doesn't want my money :D

Nimphal

Okay, so the situation is this. My boyfriend hijacked my laptop one lovely January evening (15th) and when he gave it back I was a Neopets premium member. I was very excited and still am. However, on the 30th of January the trial ended. We agreed that I would continue being premium so we didn't bother cancelling (we have a joint bank account). So we expected everything to go smoothly and automatically.

Yet, I am no longer premium. I asked around my guild, people there were surprised I even managed to sign up since this should have been impossible if Neopets were to be believed - they were supposed to have stopped new sign-ups for a bit. They suggested I contact support. So my boyfriend (being the perpetrator of all this) talked to a support guy via chat (calling them from the UK was a last resort). The guy said the bank had rejected the payment, likely to a lack of funds. Now the likely thing was impossible, since there was more than enough money in the account. So today we go talk to the bank. The bank has absolutely no idea why, so they call head of something and after a while get told that the merchant - Neickelodeon - didn't process the payment correctly, so the bank rejected it. So it's Nickelodeon's fault. We haven't contacted them again yet, boyfriend is determined to call this time.

I was wondering if any of you who are not from the US (and any US people, if you have had the same issue, of course) have had to deal with such a thing.

P.S. I love that I am able to ask people here, since I am certain at least half of this message would get me warnings on neopets :D

I haven't been premium in a LONG time. However, I found the service really terrible when I was premium. I haven't had that particular problem, but I wanted to contact them about an issue with my membership and it was basically impossible without making a phonecall to them in the states (I'm in the UK too). Didn't get any response from emails.

Perhaps they didn't process the payment because they were meant to have stopped new memberships? Seems silly for them to turn away money, though :P