A bunch of random Habitarium questions and discussion

linsta

I'm level 22 after playing for about a week. I have 4 soldiers, 4 nesters and the rest workers. So far i haven't gotten any pinchits, I'm a bit bummed since i think they are cute. If I get to level 50 with out being gifted a pinchit nester during level ups does that mean i'll never get one?

I'm level 22 after playing for about a week. I have 4 soldiers, 4 nesters and the rest workers. So far i haven't gotten any pinchits, I'm a bit bummed since i think they are cute. If I get to level 50 with out being gifted a pinchit nester during level ups does that mean i'll never get one?

I guess if you don't get one, what you can do is let all your nesters die (make sure you keep some nester eggs as backup though!) I think that if all your nesters die, you will get a nester egg as a gift.

I had only heard of the experience-through-discarding-eggs method, so I have nine? nesters at the moment. I'm probably pretty balanced soldiers/workers, but you can bet that I'll be changing that now. This board is great, for all the tips it's compiling!

Is it suggested to block off workers + resource tiles with houses, decorations, nests...? Or does it even matter?

Are there benefits to having a Habitarium of only one species, or is it just for fun? d:

Edit: Oh, right - I'm level 33, with a 34/34 population. I'm definitely not on often, though - this has been building since last semester!

I had only heard of the experience-through-discarding-eggs method, so I have nine? nesters at the moment. I'm probably pretty balanced soldiers/workers, but you can bet that I'll be changing that now. This board is great, for all the tips it's compiling!

Is it suggested to block off workers + resource tiles with houses, decorations, nests...? Or does it even matter?

Are there benefits to having a Habitarium of only one species, or is it just for fun? d:

Edit: Oh, right - I'm level 33, with a 34/34 population. I'm definitely not on often, though - this has been building since last semester!

I would suggest blocking off your workers since it reduces lag greatly. Even if you dont lag, I find it's just easier to keep track of all my P3s when they're all standing on one square. Also it's much more efficient than blocking off storages, but I have like 20+ storages so that makes sense.

This is a really great guide for habitarium setup at level 50: http://www.neopets.com/~nailguard

Prior to that, it doesn't really matter how your habi is set up or how you block. After I block off my workers, I usually put a decoration on the tile they're standing on so that pests cant spawn in the fenced off area. Note though, you wont be able to move your P3's there after you've put the decoration down, and you'll have to move them all off to be able to pick the decoration up in some cases. (I use a grarrl tooth though, and I can pick it up without moving my P3s since it's bigger in height)

I'm not sure about blocking off resource tiles. I'm pretty sure it's useless since pests can still attack the tiles. I think pests an attack the workers that are blocked off too, I just put the decoration down so they dont spawn there and get stuck, because then my soldiers get confused.

It doesn't make a difference what species you have and how many. It's just preference. Some people hate larnikins and get rid of them, or have an all mootix habi. I have all 3 balanced because I put all of one species on each resource, so it's easy for me to manage that.

Also, if you close your habi, your workers will keep harvesting for a short period of time and then just stop, so it will definitely be very slow if you cant keep it open. I personally never close my habi xD. Luckily I have a computer at home that I can just run it 24/7 on ^.^. If I only had my laptop I wouldn't be able to since I bring that to school.

This is a really great guide for habitarium setup at level 50: http://www.neopets.com/~nailguard

Prior to that, it doesn't really matter how your habi is set up or how you block. After I block off my workers, I usually put a decoration on the tile they're standing on so that pests cant spawn in the fenced off area. Note though, you wont be able to move your P3's there after you've put the decoration down, and you'll have to move them all off to be able to pick the decoration up in some cases. (I use a grarrl tooth though, and I can pick it up without moving my P3s since it's bigger in height)

Also, if you close your habi, your workers will keep harvesting for a short period of time and then just stop, so it will definitely be very slow if you cant keep it open. I personally never close my habi xD. Luckily I have a computer at home that I can just run it 24/7 on ^.^. If I only had my laptop I wouldn't be able to since I bring that to school.

Wow, thanks. Super helpful guide, plus I didn't know that workers stopped after a time if you close the habi - I just thought they worked slower. I'll be sure to keep my window running whenever I do have my laptop on! d: