A bunch of random Habitarium questions and discussion

linsta

So I started playing Habi 2 days ago and I'm at level 21 right now. I'm the type of person who likes to do a lot of research into something before I go for it (I always read game guides/tips before even playing a game for the first time) Anyways, so I've read a whole bunch of brief or in-depth guides for habi. Even though most of it is obvious stuff, I also got a lot of useful information.

Back to the point, I have a few questions that I'm not really clear on after having read the guides.

I've been leavign my habi on all the time so I can level up faster, and even when I left it overnight, the next morning my P3s were still fine and my eggs ready to harvest. I left it running when I went to school today and I ended up logging on at school on my laptop to rest them up, but when I did, all my nests were completely empty. I think this was about 5 hours later. Is this supposed to happen? There was no message that said the egg cracked and the P3 escaped. I've heard that this will happen if you leave them too long, and you'll get a message, but I've never had it happen yet so not sure.

Also, I thought I'm supposed to get exp for helping out a friend? I get the message saying my help was sucessful but no exp.

I think that's all I can think of right now. None of the problems are really a big deal, I am just a very curious person and ask a lot of questions so yeah xD. Just wondering =/

Lastly, just wanted to ask everyone what they find is the best P3 composition for maxing exp. I'm using 3 soldiers and hoping this will be enough even in teh later levels, but I guess I will find out. I'm thinking of only keeping 3 nesters too but not sure if this is too few. I have way too many nesters now so I can just stock up eggs for now.

Anyways, post anything you'd like about habi. It's all very interesting to me right now and I like to know as much as I can xD. Plus i am jsut very into habi right now so yeah.

Ah! The egg cracking! If I recall correctly this means that your habitarium was attacked and your soldiers did not defeat the pest in time to save the egg. This also happens if you leave the habitarium alone ((on or off)) for too long and the babies will escape. You don't get a message when this happens :( it just does.

I don't believe you get EXP for helping out a friend, but it's a really good idea to have a bunch of friends and continue to help them. With luck they'll help you too, and when you need resource tiles fixed they'll help you fix them - this helps your habitarium grow faster because your p3s have more material tiles to work on should you fill up on one or the other while you're afk.

I'm currently doing the 3:3:All the rest workers myself and it's fabulous. I've never needed more than three soldiers to take care of pests. As for nesters - you'll find that 3 pile up eggs really fairly quickly, especially if you're keeping watch on them and looting their eggs often, but if you have too many they don't harvest materials quite as well as workers and you actually lose out on EXP for not maximizing the efforts of your P3s. I kind of learned this the hard way xD I couldn't figure out why it was taking so long for me to level - but once I'd killed off all my p3s and started over with this composition I started gaining levels super rapidly.

If your the forgetful type make sure to stock up on nester and worker eggs that way later on if you forget to tend your p3s you have back up also for me i find that i tend to hatch my eggs at the same time this is not the best because when they mature the population is destroyed and it can be hard to replenish, I suggest hatching in intervals vs all at once.

The dissapearing egg trick... this has happen to me I think it is a glitch, I find for me this will happen if I open the habitarium on another computer but other than that i dont know why it happens, maybe someone else has the answer.

and level 21 in two days...wow, nice going :thumbsup:

You should be getting experience for helping your friends. It doesn't show up immediatly but it shows up at the next refresh. It is normally of to the right of the staus bar.

As for your p3s habi isn't a super stable game. Sometimes you will have things happen that doesn't make sense. Like before we had a mass suicide of all the p3s over multiple accounts. It was just a glitch and nothing to worry about. I bet that is all that has happened to yours. Mine did it today, I left it open and came back 6 hours later to everyone still happy and healthy.

I personally have 4 soilders at all times. Sometimes it likes to be super mean and have about 10 of them come at you at once. It can be a pain when they are all focusing on one resource. Also it has a habit of if it breaks one of your resources they will normally come back in a minute or two. Can be annoying but I find that 4 soilders work best for me.

Habi is unique to everyone though. I will do things differently then you will and neither one will have a massive difference on np gain. So just play around with it and find out what works best for you.

Hmm. I started out with a lot of nesters because I thought nesters were the way to go, and I had about 11 before i realized I should be focusing on workers. So right now I think I have 11 nesters, 11 workers and 3 soldiers. I'm wondering if I should try to kill off some of my nesters (maybe 8?) >< and replace them with workers. I have tons of eggs because I try to harvest eggs as often as I can and I definitely had 8 worker eggs to replace them.

Q: Is this worth it to boost how fast I level up? Will it make a difference? I have about 4-5 more days before any of my first P3s die, so that could be quite a bit of exp I'm missing right? Also, how to kill off P3?

I only have 5 nests so I have 6 of my nesters harvesting which isn't very efficient, but even if i had nests for them, I can't always check every hour since I have school/work and other stuff.

Edit: Also, does anyone know how long you have to leave an egg for before it cracks and the P3 escapes?

I do 6:6:everything else is worker. I'm not terribly efficient when it comes to habi (it's been a week since I was last on, I think? X3). I use the "blocking your p3s into a very small area so they have to harvest all the time" technique, which works well for me. I have 3 soldiers wandering the main, big, empty area because that has the most access to resource tiles and buildings for pests to destroy, and one soldier in each harvest area (wood + water; stone + pollen; mud + grass) because it's a smaller area so less pests.

In regards to egg storing, I hold onto nine of every type of egg; so nine soldier larikens, nine soldier mootix, nine soldier pinchets, etc. I think the advice I read was "whatever you would usually have for nesters/soliders, plus 3".

I'm by no means an expert, but this is what I do :3

Hmm. I started out with a lot of nesters because I thought nesters were the way to go, and I had about 11 before i realized I should be focusing on workers. So right now I think I have 11 nesters, 11 workers and 3 soldiers. I'm wondering if I should try to kill off some of my nesters (maybe 8?) >< and replace them with workers. I have tons of eggs because I try to harvest eggs as often as I can and I definitely had 8 worker eggs to replace them.

Q: Is this worth it to boost how fast I level up? Will it make a difference? I have about 4-5 more days before any of my first P3s die, so that could be quite a bit of exp I'm missing right? Also, how to kill off P3?

I only have 5 nests so I have 6 of my nesters harvesting which isn't very efficient, but even if i had nests for them, I can't always check every hour since I have school/work and other stuff.

Edit: Also, does anyone know how long you have to leave an egg for before it cracks and the P3 escapes?

While you are on level 21 you should max out your habitarium so that the eggs won't hatch if left alone.

Then it'll usually only asks for two options; discard, or harvest.

If you are not able to check on your habi often, I would said that nesters are the way to go.

You can easily discard you eggs for 200XP per egg.

Helping out friends is 50XP (but you should wait for the "tick" to see the progress on your XP bar)

I found that building and upgrading is a quick way to gain XP when trying to reach level 50.

Building a building - 200XP

Upgrading a building - 300XP

You'll get the hang of it soon enough. Good luck!

It's not possible to kill them off intentionally, you just have to wait.

I'm level 50 and have 6 nesters, 3-4 soldiers and 36 workers.

Even with 6 nesters I still have problems keeping my worker population up. So you should take this opportunity, while you have all those nesters, to harvest as many worker eggs as possible for later. Destroy your soldier eggs for exp, and after taking a stock of nester eggs for your bags destroy those too... and just wait til your nesters die off :P

3 soldiers is enough for now. At higher levels, 3 soldiers won't be enough to kill all the attackers in time, though that's not really a big deal you just miss a small amount of exp from crystals as the attackers will despawn (not as much as you lose overall for having a soldier vs. a worker).

I managed to get one of my nesters killed so I"m down to 10 now xD

But yeah I noticed I've been leaving food out 24/7 to attract pests, and the only thing is they will sometimes wreck a house or nest. i guess I can put my houses in my bag though. The only resource they've killed is my flower so far.

If I block off buildings and resources, will they be able to attack through it?

I'm level 50 and I get a whole bunch of pests attacking me most days so I think about 4-5 soldiers is good for the higher levels. Then I have 6 nesters and the rest workers. This is working out well so far but I have a horrible feeling that tomorrow, a lot of my p3s will die because I hatched most of them last week. Very annoying.

Definitely try to hatch in stages unlike me ;) Apart from that all I have to say is keep going because Habi is such a money spinner! :D

Having broken buildings is not such a loss. You get 5xp for fixing one so let them get attacked for a little bonus exp!

The only exception is nests; an egg in a broken nest takes longer to grow. But you can use houses and storages for blocking, don't worry about them.

No, invaders can't attack through anything. But you can gather and repair up to 2 squares away, and diagonally, so blocks are not a problem for your own ppps.

My suggestion is to have PLENTY OF NESTERS. The more eggs you have coming in the better. I discard my eggs constantly, because for every egg discarded you are awarded 200xp! in my item bag I keep 2 nesters, 2 workers, and 2 soldiers as back up eggs at all times. I keep enough nesters in my habi to keep my nests full at all times. Every time an egg is ready, discard it, unless you need it of course! BE WARNED: if you have eggs in your item bag and discard them from there, you will NOT get the exp! you must first place it in your habi and then discard it. Trust me this is wonderful. Also I have 5 soldiers right now, but I probably won't ever have more than 5. I have 5 nesters, but only because I have 5 nests. When I get more nests, I will get more nesters. The rest of my habi are workers so I can keep a high supply of resources which are very useful for upgrades- you get 300xp for every upgrade made to a building or p3! Also, I don't seem to get exp for helping friends either, I've even refreshed and written down my experience before and it didn't change. I'm level 22 and never noticed any exp for helping friends although I read it's supposed to be 50xp per help. I have no idea! I didn't read the above posts so hopefully I'm giving some useful information. Lovin habi right nowww !

My suggestion is to have PLENTY OF NESTERS. The more eggs you have coming in the better. I discard my eggs constantly, because for every egg discarded you are awarded 200xp! in my item bag I keep 2 nesters, 2 workers, and 2 soldiers as back up eggs at all times. I keep enough nesters in my habi to keep my nests full at all times. Every time an egg is ready, discard it, unless you need it of course! BE WARNED: if you have eggs in your item bag and discard them from there, you will NOT get the exp! you must first place it in your habi and then discard it. Trust me this is wonderful. Also I have 5 soldiers right now, but I probably won't ever have more than 5. I have 5 nesters, but only because I have 5 nests. When I get more nests, I will get more nesters.

From what I read, farming the eggs is NOT the most efficient way unless you're at your computer literally every time the eggs are done.

In all other cases, having a lot of workers is the best way cause they keep going without your intervention for hours and hours, and you end up with a bunch of resources you can use to buy/upgrade/discard nests for that easy exp.

From what I read, farming the eggs is NOT the most efficient way unless you're at your computer literally every time the eggs are done.

In all other cases, having a lot of workers is the best way cause they keep going without your intervention for hours and hours, and you end up with a bunch of resources you can use to buy/upgrade/discard nests for that easy exp.

I agree. I used to have tons of nesters, but it quickly got tiring and annoying to have to manage all those eggs every time they were done. With more workers, you'll make more np from being away from your computer for longer periods of time.

My suggestion is to have PLENTY OF NESTERS. The more eggs you have coming in the better. I discard my eggs constantly, because for every egg discarded you are awarded 200xp! in my item bag I keep 2 nesters, 2 workers, and 2 soldiers as back up eggs at all times. I keep enough nesters in my habi to keep my nests full at all times. Every time an egg is ready, discard it, unless you need it of course! BE WARNED: if you have eggs in your item bag and discard them from there, you will NOT get the exp! you must first place it in your habi and then discard it. Trust me this is wonderful. Also I have 5 soldiers right now, but I probably won't ever have more than 5. I have 5 nesters, but only because I have 5 nests. When I get more nests, I will get more nesters. The rest of my habi are workers so I can keep a high supply of resources which are very useful for upgrades- you get 300xp for every upgrade made to a building or p3! Also, I don't seem to get exp for helping friends either, I've even refreshed and written down my experience before and it didn't change. I'm level 22 and never noticed any exp for helping friends although I read it's supposed to be 50xp per help. I have no idea! I didn't read the above posts so hopefully I'm giving some useful information. Lovin habi right nowww !

I'm at level 36 now and I'm still waiting for my first nesters to die off. I managed to get 1 nester killed but it was too much of a hassle to try to kill them, so I'm stuck with 10 nesters right now. I only harvest eggs maybe 6 times a day, so I get a lot more exp from workers.

Also, I found out that you actually do get the exp if you discard eggs from your bag. Same with helping out friends. If you watch you exp bar, it will update every 30s and it will update with this exp. You just don't see the +200exp pop up right away like you do when discarding an egg outside your bag. But this makes it a lot easier for me to discard eggs knowing this. (try discarding like 5 eggs then watch your exp bar, you'll see a +1000exp at the top of your screen after a few seconds).

I've been keeping a reserve of 78 workers, 6 soldiers, 9 nesters in my bag, with the same amoutn of each species. I'm hoping to cut down to 3 nesters but I'm a bit worried they wont be enough to keep up my population so I have these eggs just in case I start to fall behind. I also have like 40 level 2 nests stocked up, just waiting to get to level 40 to upgrade them again for exp ^.^;

I've finally hit level 50 after a bit less than 10 days =D. I've been running habi for 10 hrs so far today and made 62k so far so that's awesome. I think my acc has been online for like 90 hrs straight though xD

I am on level 50 and I have 6 nesters, 7 soldiers (the 7th one was a mistake XD) and the rest workers. This works out pretty well for me. I can't leave my laptop on straight though, so I don't gain that fast...

Edit: I have 4 pages of workers, one page of nesters and one page of soldiers in my bag, and I have an all mootix habi. :)

I have been neglectin my habi due to being in a full time job and of course travelling and adjusting to working and training x_x My Habi is fully balanced with ALL breeds of p3s playing. Usually I have 5 soldiers and everyone else is a worker. Formally, everyone except soldiers were painted Faerie (when I could afford it) while soldiers were Chocolate because I wanted to try out the chocolate colour and of course make them distinct from workers (Nesters were always on nests or resting in the Hospital to keep them seperate)

Once I've raised enough NP (IF I STOP SPENDING IT >_O) for Nimhue's Pink Paint Brush I'll put all my proper decorations back in my Habi <3

• 2 weeks later...

Im currently at level 42! I found that if you block off your storage units so your P3s cant get into them they work alot faster. Your P3s will stay at there "work station" rather then walking away to carry resources into the storage units clustering together, which also makes the game lag a little less. Also, I'd only have maybe 3 soliders and 4-5 nesters and the rest workers, they seem to get you more XPs then discarding eggs.

Im currently at level 42! I found that if you block off your storage units so your P3s cant get into them they work alot faster. Your P3s will stay at there "work station" rather then walking away to carry resources into the storage units clustering together, which also makes the game lag a little less. Also, I'd only have maybe 3 soliders and 4-5 nesters and the rest workers, they seem to get you more XPs then discarding eggs.

It doesn't actually make them harvest faster if you block off storages, it just makes it lag less. They still "walk" to the storage and back, you just don't see the animation for it. I block off my P3s instead of storages since it's a lot easier, and I have my storages near my harvest spots, except for stone because my one stone got bugged out so I have to use the far one. I have 20+ storages and only 3 harvest spots so it's easier to block of P3s instead... and it reduces even more lag.

Although I noticed that it's not always the closer storages that get filled up. I have storages right by wood that are completely empty, and ones across the map filling up with wood. o_O

It doesn't actually make them harvest faster if you block off storages, it just makes it lag less. They still "walk" to the storage and back, you just don't see the animation for it. I block off my P3s instead of storages since it's a lot easier, and I have my storages near my harvest spots, except for stone because my one stone got bugged out so I have to use the far one. I have 20+ storages and only 3 harvest spots so it's easier to block of P3s instead... and it reduces even more lag.

Although I noticed that it's not always the closer storages that get filled up. I have storages right by wood that are completely empty, and ones across the map filling up with wood. o_O

It doesn't really matter where they walk at all or how far is between the storage and the resource. They are still doing the activity even if it doesn't look like they are.

I created a bit of a 'maze' one time for the workers to get between the storages and the resources; just for fun. They would get halfway back to the resource, then suddenly things would appear on their heads and they'd turn around back towards the storage :P

It doesn't really matter where they walk at all or how far is between the storage and the resource. They are still doing the activity even if it doesn't look like they are.

I created a bit of a 'maze' one time for the workers to get between the storages and the resources; just for fun. They would get halfway back to the resource, then suddenly things would appear on their heads and they'd turn around back towards the storage :P

Yeah, actually I noticed that today! So taht must be why they don't necessarily go to the closest storage. I'm guessing there is a set "walking time" no matter the distance?

I usually block off all my workers, but for some reason all my stone guys got loose (when I refreshed though, they were back in their spot). I noticed them walk in a line to a storage, and then when they were halfway back to the resource, they turned around carrying more resources back again.

Edit: Oh by the way, I've been meaning to ask.. has anyone ever had one of their P3s just disappear? I had one of my nesters disappear a few days ago =/. I hope it won't be bugged out and that at least it will die after a week even though it's apparently non-existent. It still says I have 46/46 population, and I know I haven't hatched anything new, since ALL my P3s die on the same day. I've checked under every building and everywhere on the map!