Film buffs and enthusiasts; I NEED YOU!

Saxen

My boyfriend is going home for Christmas tomorrow until the 27th and I've chosen not to go for various reasons, so I'll be spending Crimbo on me tod this year :laughingsmiley:

I need SERIOUS filmage to keep me occupied so, wonderful people of TDN, I am asking for your help!

I'm mostly interested in watching these sorts of films;

Anime

Old black and white films (1930's-ish)

Christmas movies

Comedy

Animal movies (not ones that are too sad, I get pretty emotional XD)

Documentaries

Quirky movies (like Little Miss Sunshine/You Me and Everyone We Know etc.)

Musicals

French movies

I'd be grateful for anything you could suggest :D No thrillers or scary films though just cause I'll be at home by myself D: *hides*

<3 Thank you!!

P.S TV shows would also be great :)

Amelie is a quirky, comedic & French movie :)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head but it is a truly great movie!

That's one of my most favourite films! Good suggestion :)

Thank you Behemoth I'll write that one down ^^

I recently watched I'm A Cyborg, But That's Ok and I loved it. It's a Korean movie that is extremely quirky, visually stunning, and even quite touching. If you've got Netflix, it's available to watch instantly! It's about a girl who believes she is a cyborg, so she is placed in a mental institution.

For anime I recommend xxxHolic or Mushi-Shi. Both are really good. And if you're into zombie stuff like I am; Shaun of the Dead. It's hilarious,plus zombies! (Basically a funny version/parody of Dawn of the Dead; which you may also like. Night of the Living Dead was a good black and white zombie film,I recommend it). The Killer Shrews is cool; but it's 1959.(Still B&W). Anything with Vincent Price as well.(Was a very good actor in all of the stuff he was in). The Walking Dead is a good show; it's currently on mid-season break though. Go to Netflix,see if you like it. It should be on instant stuff.

Thanks so much for the suggestions guys! ^_^ I'll deffo see if I can find any of these online somewhere :). I've seen Shaun of the Dead about a million times, LOVE that film :D :D

The only french film I know (or watched) is Run Lola Run, which I found pretty good.

Comedy wise, so you have any fav comedy actors?

LESLIE NIELSON. He is the Don of all actors, comedy or not :P Umm, also Simon Pegg and Jim Carey of course. I cant really think of any more :S :S Do you know of any gems?

I haven't seen Run Lola Run but it's whatserface from The Fifth Element, right? *drools* XD

off the top of my head, i quite liked Hot Fuzz, also Boxing day several movies coming out, i'm looking forward to Tintin and War Horse

christmas movies, home alone series is always a good one, also the santa clause series, fred claus was on last night,not sure if Elf is a good one since i haven't watched it. The Polar Express is a winter favourite (except its summer here..)

oldies, i love singing in the rain, my fair lady, breakfast at tiffanys, funny face (because fred astair is awesome)

and the muppet christmas!

i will have to go through my collection again.. head isn't reliable. :P