Phototography

Awesome_Paul

The government are trying to making photography in public places a crime, in an attempt to shop peados and the pap!!

If the bill is passed then you will have to apply for a special licence to take photographs in public, no matter who you are and what your taking pictures of!!

So sign the petition whether you take photos or not. It's a stupid idea. It's a little tedious, you have to follow a link from the bottom, but it's worth it!!

THERE NEEDS TO BE 750,000 SIGNiTURES ON IT TO STOP IT GOING THOUGH!!

This is a huge infringement on our rights. We all loath peadophiles and people have a right to privacy from the paparazzi, but imagine having to pay and register in a passport style system to take a photo of your loved ones, or create a photography portfolio for college or a modelling agency.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Photography/

(mods if this is wrong close it, i dunno)

Everyone loves taking photos whether its nature/at a theme park, or just special times, but you should have to pay to take photos

EDIT: i don't think the site is working atm

hmm cant even get the site to show(err i see you jsut said that urself, lol)..but im not in that country so doubt i would be allowed to sign to help anyways.

I don't see why it isn't allowed.

Signed it.

Sure, it's a good idea to stop paedophiles. But paedophiles aren't exactly going to go out in public and take pictures of... what they like, are they? It makes it sort of a waste of time. But, y'know, I signed it anyway. :)

Some places ban photography in outside places anyway, though. Will it stop them? I doubt it.

it's ridiculous. If we do need licenses, the pedos can also apply for one and then boom, there we go again. I think maybe pass a law about not going to far when taking pictures. If they pass the law then every single person is going to apply for a license because most of us take pictures out on the streets for fun! Actually all of us take pics with our family and friends o_O.

ah so now that its back up, i guess i was right "You must be a British citizen or resident to sign the petition." you might want to add that to your main post

If you weren't allowed to take pictures outside, wouldn't that make camera phones pretty much illegal? Because you wouldn't be able to use them outside, and when you're inside... you might as well just use the house phone!

How many people do you think would actually obey the law if this was enforced. Everybody would be taking sneaky pictures through a hole in their coat or something. :)

or Webpixie just lie about your location in teh address put --- and the postcode put any random letters in but british code, thats what i did. i never place my address on the internet, worse than your photo

How many people do you think would actually obey the law if this was enforced. Everybody would be taking sneaky pictures through a hole in their coat or something.

thats be quite funny, well even if your sending a text with a camera phone, the police would still stop you because might look like your taking a picture

Maybe they will make it so that we don't take specific pictures such as girls in bathing suits lol you know stuff that might be considered wrong.

that should be children, not just girls..since those types of people usually dont care what gender hte kid is

Well, I had PE today, and took a lot of photos on my camera of people I know from my class and such. I don't publish photos of other people online anywhere, and never will unless they want it for Bebo. I don't see why the Poms want to restrict the simple joys in life.

you don't really need a license to stop them. Guess what they can do, they will just sit in front of their pcs all day waiting for someone to post on their online album pics they took with their licenses. Unless they plan to make EVERY album online private, it WONT stop them.