Loading Problems with Mac

bulletprooftofu

So I'm currently running on a Macbook Pro 10.5 with Leopard. I have the latest edition of Firefox with and the latest version of Flash with Ad-Block Pro and I run into problems with loading some of Neopets pages, most frequently with shops and the dream pet sweepstakes. Shops would occasionally not load and it take take a couple of refreshes to work, if it even loads at all. For that dream pet page, my pet's picture will not load and there are no options on the drop down menu. I've tried turning ABP off but the only results I get from that are ads (go figure). Any ideas?

Try safari, chrome, I.E. or any other browser other than firefox that you may have on your mac. Try them all and see if anything is different between them. That will usually help isolate the problem.

My guess would be the ad-blocker. I use Chrome with AdBlock and have had to refresh pages for months now, I just live with it and it doesn't happen that much any more. It's mostly if I open a page from outside the site, if I have clicked on a link in the explore page, for example, it loads fine every time. I won't disable the AdBlocker no matter how many refreshes it requires.

do you have any other internet protection software on you computer? norton or anything similar? also check if you need any updates for any of your programs, also have you uninstalled or changed anything about your computer recently?

other than that, any other sites you are having the same problems? it could possibly be your internet connection. try going somewhere with free wifi and testing it out since you have a notebook. mcdonalds for instance provides free wifi where i am, otherwise i use the free one in the business district. many cafes will offer the same, or go to a friends place. the alternative is if you have another computer in the house, try that too and see if you are having the same problems with internet pages.