Gaming Consoles

Noog

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these consoles do you own?

2. 2. What's the best of these consoles to own?

So, I need to make a really tough decision. I'm a pretty big gamer, but I'm really not sure what to play on. I currently own a PS3, dual core laptop, and a wii. (Wii is not included in this poll because if you want to play it, you HAVE to own it) PC gaming is supposedly better because of different things like mods and graphics, while I personally like the feel of PS3/360. Should I get an xbox? Should I upgrade my PC? I'm really not sure what to do, so I'm looking for some outside opinions. I really want to decide soon because I'm not buying any more games until I've decided what I want to play on.

Right now, I'm thinking about either upgrading my PC or getting the xbox. PS3 has lost a lot of its luster, plus more people use xbox live that I can play with.

Sorry if this got ramble-y.

So, I need to make a really tough decision. I'm a pretty big gamer, but I'm really not sure what to play on. I currently own a PS3, dual core laptop, and a wii. (Wii is not included in this poll because if you want to play it, you HAVE to own it) PC gaming is supposedly better because of different things like mods and graphics, while I personally like the feel of PS3/360. Should I get an xbox? Should I upgrade my PC? I'm really not sure what to do, so I'm looking for some outside opinions. I really want to decide soon because I'm not buying any more games until I've decided what I want to play on.

Right now, I'm thinking about either upgrading my PC or getting the xbox. PS3 has lost a lot of its luster, plus more people use xbox live that I can play with.

Sorry if this got ramble-y.

i've had an xbox and i now own a ps3 and ive always had a pc, i'd upgrade your pc if i was you but it really depends on what games you play as in my opinion pc is better for rts and god games whereas consoles are better for fps games (personal control preference plus most pc people ive played with happen to be douches), pcs are good with mods but only really rpgs and rts/god games etc have strong mod communities.

also if you have a ps3 theres not much point getting an xbox there exclusives are slowly dying without much sight of any new ones being released and majority of them you can get on pc anyway, and unless you already have alot of friends on xbox then theres not much reason to go for the online as it isn't actually that much better then psn other then a few features such as cross chat that psn doesn't have.

so overall id reckon a pc upgrade would probably be the best for you but as i said it really depends on what games you play

I don't play RTS at all. I play action, adventure, and roleplay games. Left 4 Dead, Assassin's Creed, Elder Scrolls, Final Fantasy....The titles I'm looking to get are Battlefield 3, Skyrim, and maybe Mass Effect 3.

unless you already have alot of friends on xbox then theres not much reason to go for the online as it isn't actually that much better then psn other then a few features such as cross chat that psn doesn't have.

yeah, I know a BUNCH of people on xbox live but I only have a few strangers added on PSN.

Another plus I find to console gaming is that I grew up with controllers. I find a keyboard/mouse layout to be very...different. In a bad way. Controls don't feel as smooth.

It probably depends on what kinds of games you like, as you get a slightly different mix between the three.

Between the three, I probably use my PC the most (Fallout, Oblivion, downloaded games, etc) I mainly play Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest on PS. Pretty much the only game I have for xbox is Halo, which I hardly ever play, so that was probably a bad purchase for me :|

Personally I play Xbox, but I'd die for a better computer. I'd probably go with the comp upgrades, there's about a million games you can get on PC. Xbox I've noticed is a bit limited. I couldn't say anything about PS3 since I've never played one :P. Good luck with your decision ^_^

Well I guess it depends on what matters to you :)

The 360 and PS3 are fairly similar in terms of games they can play. Personally I would say the PS3 has better exclusives (Heavy Rain, God of War 3, Infamous 1-2, Uncharted 1-3, Metal Gear Solid) but that's personal preference. If playing with your friends is of big importance then it may be worthwhile getting an Xbox, since they're getting pretty cheap (and since you seem to prefer gaming on consoles to PC).

Improving your PC will be pretty expensive, since if you want to get a computer that would run the current generation console games better than consoles would, then you are going to have to spend a good $1000 (may vary a bit depending on where you live, if you build it yourself, if you want a laptop instead of desktop ect.) I don't know heaps about PCs but it sounds like your laptop is pretty old (dual cores are definitely aging), and you'd probably be better off starting from scratch and buying a new one, as opposed to upgrading each component individually.

I just bought a PC about a week ago (mainly so I could play skyrim coz my Macbook Pro was definitely not up to it) and it came in at $950 with keyboard, mouse, screen etc and can play all the current games on high (this is in Aus btw). But overall the main benefits of PCs is that you can run games at better graphics/performance than consoles can, as well as the capacity to use mods (if that is your thing), plus of course access to games that only come out on computer. Although on the other hand computers date much faster than consoles; whilst the PS3/360 have/will last a good number of years, your PC will start to become out of date after as little as a year (depending on how much money you spent of course). You also need to consider what games you want to play/the performance you want from them. Do you want to run Battlefield 3 on ultra, or are you content with medium?

Personally I prefer playing with a keyboard and mouse, but since you prefer console it seems silly to switch to PC unless there are particular games that you want to play which are PC exclusive (or you are desperate for good graphics). But in the end the choice is up to you, hope some of that information was useful :)

I own a PS3 and a PC and I would say PC would be better since there are ton's of mmo's out there and the free to play market is getting much better to the point where it is rivaling the pay to play market. Also the fact that playing these mmo's can open you up to meeting tons of people around the world is amazing in my opinion. You'll be playing with and having fun with a lot more people than you could on X-box (since virtually everyone owns a PC) and I feel that x-box is limited in that sense since you can only meet people who play that one particular game and you can't really carry a friendship outside of that game whereas PC-wise you can meet and make friends in online mmo's and also invite them to play other games with you and chat outside of that.

Thanks for your opinions everyone. And for the record, my laptop is a year old. xD But I would be compiling a brand new desktop. I might save some money compiling it myself but if I buy it from someplace like ibuypower then it'll be AT LEAST 1k.

Do you want to run Battlefield 3 on ultra, or are you content with medium?

ULTRA!!!!!! Go big or go home.