Oof.

Wolf Child

Frozen, yay. It really really /really/ doesn't pay to be honest.

Recently I ran into a series of websites that sell/buy accounts/items/pets. ((I won't link them here. That's against the rules.))

At first I was amused. "Who in their right mind would buy this stuff?" But then I realized very quickly that there was a rather glaring reason - Money.

Accounts, even active ones, are cracked into on a daily basis and sold for anything from $10-$900, and pets anywhere from $25-$500. And people buy them.

The shere /number/ of them was what was so shocking. I'm not sure how it works, but any other site would practically require you to hand the person your account information to get in. Seeing as half the websites were devoted to teaching it's users how to accomplish the task, I can tell you now that that is certainly not the case.

I brought this up on the forums and was frozen. xD I probably should have kept it to myself, but I feel like /someone/ needs to know or I'm going to go nuts - I know a lot of you love your pets and your accounts and wouldn't want to lose them.

Change your passwords Frequently. Don't give your information to ANYONE, including people that you think you know. I hope that helps some of you. ._.'

That's terrible!! I'm so sorry you were frozen :( Are you still going to be playing yesyes?

I have some pets UFA if you wants x

That's terrible!! I'm so sorry you were frozen :( Are you still going to be playing yesyes?

I have some pets UFA if you wants x

I'm not sure :/ I'm afraid to do anything until I hear back from TNT. I'd hate to open another account just to get hit with the banhammer again. Besides... the account was 10+yrs old xD the pets were all characters that I'd developed and grown up with. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole thing just now.

That's terribly sweet of you, though. :*

I'm not sure :/ I'm afraid to do anything until I hear back from TNT. I'd hate to open another account just to get hit with the banhammer again. Besides... the account was 10+yrs old xD the pets were all characters that I'd developed and grown up with. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole thing just now.

That's terribly sweet of you, though. :*

I really hope you get your account back hun :( I've heard there's a number or something you can call where you can speak to someone and can get it sorted quicker? Though I don't know if that's true. Do you have a side or anything you can use as a main in the meantime until TNT gets to your ticket?

No problem sweets *big hug*. Let me know if you need anything. x

I really hope you get your account back hun :( I've heard there's a number or something you can call where you can speak to someone and can get it sorted quicker? Though I don't know if that's true. Do you have a side or anything you can use as a main in the meantime until TNT gets to your ticket?

No problem sweets *big hug*. Let me know if you need anything. x

Maybe I'll call customer service if a few days go by without an answer. I'm not even entirely sure why they froze me at all - besides making people aware. I suppose that could be interpreted as assisting players in finding new ways to cheat the system. ._.'

::glares at lurkers:: Hack someone's account and I'll bite joo - since I don't have my lupes to sic on people right now. xD'

I'm afraid to touch them or do anything knowing my IP is associated with them. >.<' But they're all barren now, anyway. I trimmed everything down to the one account because I couldn't keep up with them all.

I guess this /is/ kind of an opportunity to start over. The name I mispelled so long ago was kind of getting old xD and I could always keep my *eye open for the pet names to show up once they start purging again. I was frozen before about 6yrs ago on my birthday because I did too well at a game I played every day xD stupid volcano run - they thought I was cheating. I wonder what programming they're using to determine who is cheating and who isn't?

Would you like me to draw one of your pets? I'm not sure what to do with myself and would like something to focus on for a while. xD'

Maybe I'll call customer service if a few days go by without an answer. I'm not even entirely sure why they froze me at all - besides making people aware. I suppose that could be interpreted as assisting players in finding new ways to cheat the system. ._.'

::glares at lurkers:: Hack someone's account and I'll bite joo - since I don't have my lupes to sic on people right now. xD'

I'm afraid to touch them or do anything knowing my IP is associated with them. >.<' But they're all barren now, anyway. I trimmed everything down to the one account because I couldn't keep up with them all.

I guess this /is/ kind of an opportunity to start over. The name I mispelled so long ago was kind of getting old xD and I could always keep my *eye open for the pet names to show up once they start purging again. I was frozen before about 6yrs ago on my birthday because I did too well at a game I played every day xD stupid volcano run - they thought I was cheating. I wonder what programming they're using to determine who is cheating and who isn't?

Would you like me to draw one of your pets? I'm not sure what to do with myself and would like something to focus on for a while. xD'

That's probably how TNT took it :/. You could definitely appeal that though I reckon, especially since you're a veteran player and it was an honest mistake. They don't tend to take these sorts of things lightly though so I would make another account just in case.

On your birthday?! Now that's harsh D: Was your score reviewed or were you just frozen out of the blue?

Oooh yes please that would be awesome :) You could draw Lemoncurd if you like ^^

That's probably how TNT took it :/. You could definitely appeal that though I reckon, especially since you're a veteran player and it was an honest mistake. They don't tend to take these sorts of things lightly though so I would make another account just in case.

On your birthday?! Now that's harsh D: Was your score reviewed or were you just frozen out of the blue?

Oooh yes please that would be awesome :) You could draw Lemoncurd if you like ^^

Yeah. :/ It's why I'm not really fostering any hope of getting it back. Better to be elated by a beautiful suprise than to be bogged down with the tense growing horror that it's never going to happen. ::ponders a new account thoughtfully::

Yeah XD totally out of the blue. I never even received a response to my petition.

I would love to :) I'll post on the Art Gallery when I finish him.

It never ceases to amaze me what people will buy. ._.

Totally. :/ And when it comes right down to it, pixels are honestly worth nothing. The only real value comes from the player's memories and enjoyment of the game. These people effectively just break hearts for a living. ._.'

Yeah. :/ It's why I'm not really fostering any hope of getting it back. Better to be elated by a beautiful suprise than to be bogged down with the tense growing horror that it's never going to happen. ::ponders a new account thoughtfully::

Yeah XD totally out of the blue. I never even received a response to my petition.

I would love to :) I'll post on the Art Gallery when I finish him.

I made an old account my main recently and it was pretty much empty, it was kinda fun rebuilding tbh :). I cant imagine how you must feel seeing as yours was such an old account but if you do hopefully you'll feel the same about it ^^

That's ridiculous. I'm sorry that happened :/ It was a long time ago though so maybe they had a different way of dealing with things back then?

Awesome :* thank you so much!!

Oh dear, that's awful :sad01_anim:

Please keep us all posted. I really hope you get your account back. How did you contact them? I thought the ticket system was down?

In the meantime, do you have a side account you could use as a temporary main? (I think that's allowed, but it's never happened to me so I'm not sure).

Sorry to hear you got frozen. :(

When you find websites that help or encourage players to cheat at Neopets, it is best to report these sites directly to TNT. While there is little TNT can do to shut them down, it may help them to identify the cheating players.

Talking about these sites on the Neoboards or via Neomail is very risky, even if you don't identify these sites. A large amount of TNT's freezing activity lately seems to centre around people being suspected of buying or selling neopoints. I know several people who were frozen on suspicion of this. It is really best to not give TNT any reason to believe you are participating in activities that break the rules.

Also, for people who are worried about their accounts getting cracked or stolen, TDN has a great article on password security.

And Wolf Child, best of luck getting your account back, and good for you for making the choice to begin anew!

wow that totally sucks! i had my childhood account suspended too... but i just made a new one since when i emailed TMT and they didn't reply, i knew i would never get my account back...

best of luck to you though! it's tough losing an account that you built up throughout your childhood =/

:O i can't believe that happened! all while you were trying to do a good deed too :(

i'm really sorry, and if you're going to rebuild, i'd be happy to make some donations to help lighten the load a bit ^_^

*sends good thoughts your way*

Yeah, masaryk_the_mad >.< I'll be the first to admit that my decision was not the most inspired. xD'

Thank all of you for your kind words and support. ::digihoogs:: I really appreciate it. ^_^ I'm starting over on a brand new account. It's actually kind of exciting! I've been using the same original characters for so long that I never really considered making new ones - so this is an opportunity to flex my creative muscles. :D I've already got a story worked up that I might make into a comic. We'll see where it goes.

And thank you very much for the offer, Grace, but I wouldn't want to spend any of your hard earned points on me. ^ ^ Use them to buy yourself something super special. :D

Ohh, I'm sorry to hear that! :C TNT can be really nasty sometimes. I know they've got the communities best interests at heart, but freezing you was a bit of a low shot. They could have just deleted your forum post and issued you with a warning.

I think the main thing to know is, not to speak about ANYTHING other than fluffy bunnies and how delicious your dinner was on the neoboards. TNT are very unpredictable when it comes to 'what breaks the rules'.

At least you still have the tdn forums; which I believe consist of a far more friendly and mature bunch of neopians! ^_^ I've recently started from scratch out of choice, and it's really quite refreshing to do so, so maybe you should try the same? Whatever your choice, you'll always have us here to talk to!

Wow, that stinks, especially since you wanted to get the word out! :(

If only TNT was more reasonable... I know that they don't want to give the community member ideas, but what they did was unacceptable. If they did that to my account and my pets... Grr I would never come back to that sort of service again! Hope it's all sorted out for you!

Hey WolfChild, I totally sympathise sad01_anim.gif My 3+ year account was also innocently frozen! I stayed away for about a year, but I couldnt stay away from my favourite method of procrastination! If you decide to rebuild Im sure everyone here can help you.. I also have some pets :)

In the meantime my advice is just wait it out.. if it was just an honest mistake there's a slight chance TNT might restore your account..

Good luck!