Rebecca Black: Your opinion?

Baixinha

Her songs, in all ways, suck. But I guess she's in the same kind of state as, say JB. But, see, you can't really hate on musicians just because their music isn't good. Unless you're a critic for some high up magazine. But, then again, "Friday" is a good way to annoy people in the vicinity, so, why no have it?

I think she's a prime example of how being "well-off" is a key to achieving success. How many great singers do you know who will never have a chance like her? However with this being said, her songs aren't the worst. In fact, a lot of pop music has similar lyrics to hers. You guys have obviously heard the Black Eyed Peas "I've Got A Feelin'", where they basically recite the days of the week JUST like she did and yeah...in my opinion, that song is worse. Being famous doesn't make it any different.

She's too young to get bullied by an entire online community. I really don't think she has talent but talent can be developed. It's annoying she got such a chance but again, she's technically famous now and everyone knows her name. That's more than I've managed to accomplish.

She sucks and has no talent whatsoever that I can see. But I wish people would back off. She's a 14 year old girl whos practically as liked as Osama by people and they're very open about it on her videos.

Just cause she can't sing doesn't mean shes suddenly the worst person on the face of the earth contrary to the beleif of most people.

i don't really listen to her music, but i gave it a go and it's not as bad as people say it is. i honestly can't stand some of the people who hate on her...it's so unclassy. apparently she had to stop going to her high school because all the kids were bullying her. sending someone death threats just because of one bad song? come on. i wish people would reserve their hate for something that actually deserves it, like animal cruelty or racism or genocide. D; /rant

i don't really listen to her music, but i gave it a go and it's not as bad as people say it is. i honestly can't stand some of the people who hate on her...it's so unclassy. apparently she had to stop going to her high school because all the kids were bullying her. sending someone death threats just because of one bad song? come on. i wish people would reserve their hate for something that actually deserves it, like animal cruelty or racism or genocide. D; /rant

This is so true,. Exactly what I try to tell people. Glad to see I'm not the only one with that view point. :)

Okay. So I have nothing against her really, I'm not a huge fan of her songs, but that's because I don't really like the whole style of music that much. However, I don't think she deserves the hate she is getting. But, it does bother me that there is a company that will make music videos for young teens if their parents pay a couple thousand dollars...maybe just because I don't know anyone whose parents would do that for them, but it makes me think they are pretty spoiled and I don't generally think that's good? To be honest, I actually don't mind My Moment though but that's because it reminds me of a song Hilary Duff would sing, and Hilary Duff was HUGE when I was younger. She isn't someone whose CD I would ever buy, but I could see her attracting the younger girls.

• 7 months later...

In my opinion she should find a rock and crawl under it, for her own sake. Honestly, even if she's written a song about the fact that she doesn't care what people think of her, I bet she does. For a girl of my age, I feel sorry for her in a way for all the criticism she gets, even though I dislike her with a passion myself. I think that she should live out her teenage years properly before working on screwing her career up even more than it already is. I do have respect for her fans, but personally, she's just not for me!