What would you do?

Nataluna

what would you do?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What to do if you got something mispriced from a user shop?

• return the item/nps (give back equal value)
    • tell them tough cookies
    • give them something (not equal value)
    • ignore

I don't like the way this person went about it. Instead of asking for it back, they casually mention it to you to let you know they had miss-priced it. They wanted you to feel bad otherwise they wouldn't have mentioned it at all. :guiltysmiley: That was very kind of you. I probably wouldn't have done it. It's all fair and this person needs to be more careful. But I'm glad there's nice people like you out there. :yes:

That was really nice of you to feel some sort of guilt so you buy some things from them. When I've found something under priced, I buy it and keep it for a little bit. I just do this bc I hate dont like it when I slightly under price something to get out of my shop and then I see the next person marks it up. Just rubs me the wrong way a little. In your situation, I think I would have returned it to them just bc I would be curious if they're sincere or not. A sincere person would pay you back the 3000nps in some way. *shrug*

It's a toss up for me because I sometimes misprice things and I never ask or just tell myself that I should be more careful, however I'd be definitely okay if someone were to return it or gave me what it was worth. I would never neomail the person though, since it was my mistake.

I've done similar things on the Trading Post though and in some shops. Nowhere near the amount of NP (usually under 10k) but I try to be a kind Neopian.

That was really nice of you.I doubt I would return the item if it were mis-priced. I've mis-priced items myself and it taught me a lesson to be more careful.

HOwever, if I had received a gift that was sent to me by mistake, I would probably return it if the sender was nice about it. I recall an incident where someone sent a battledome item to me by mistake. He then sent a neomail explaining the mistake and said that I could keep the item. I returned the item to him and we became good neofriends.

I guess whether I would return the item or not depends on whether I had put in any effort in acquiring the item. In the case of mis-priced items, I had stumbled upon the item through my own efforts by searching through the shop wizard, so I think I should be rewarded for my efforts haha. In the case of mis-sent items, I had done nothing to deserve them, so it's no loss to me if I returned it.

• 3 weeks later...