Password/login trouble

gunder401

Hey! So, after a bit of a hiatus from Neopets, I'm back.

Unfortunately, today I logged out, went on a side, and tried to log back in, but it kept saying my PW was incorrect. I was kicked off for an hour, and when I came back to try again, it only let me enter my PW in once, said it was wrong, and kicked me off again.

The timer resets in about 45, so I'll try again then. I cleared my browser, but I know that the PW should be right, and was really careful not to enter it in wrong. Now I'm worried I'll miss my challenges for GMC :/

Any suggestions? Help very much appreciated.

Edit: Logged in. Might be useful if anyone does have a solution/the same problem in the future though.

Edited by gunder401

Most of the time, this is just user error. Sometimes you type too fast, otherwise you just miss a key on accident. This has happened to me before, and I'm sure to everyone. Unless there's a login bug that I'm not aware of.

Most of the time, this is just user error. Sometimes you type too fast, otherwise you just miss a key on accident. This has happened to me before, and I'm sure to everyone. Unless there's a login bug that I'm not aware of.

Well, I was using LastPass, and the next time I was really careful since I'd already had to wait. And plus, it only let me enter it once.

Well, I was using LastPass, and the next time I was really careful since I'd already had to wait. And plus, it only let me enter it once.

If the site is having maintenance, sometimes it won't let you log in, and will actually tell you that you got the wrong pass, even though you didn't. This might explain why you had this problem.

• 2 months later...

is anybody else having this problem today? it keeps telling me my password is wrong, but i haven't changed it. it looks like all my stuff is still on my account so i don't think it was hacked, just wondering if they're doing any maintenance today or anything.

I didn't have this problem but a few days ago when the site was also doing maintenance, they told me my username was wrong. "Sorry but no user named zoobaaruba exists" I checked the spelling in the error message like three times, but there wasn't anything wrong with it. I got in on my third try though. If you're reasonably sure you havent been hacked just hit the forgot your password button, maybe you changed it and forgot (its happened to me a couple of times) if you never get the email, or if the password they email you isn't familiar, then you've probably been hacked, so report it to TNT as soon as you can.