spellbook=ARGH!

Captain Em.

so, i can't find my spellbook. i put in my coordnates (15,18 is what it gave me), have checked every single spot in the room and now, when i input my coorndinates (again), it just boots me back to the archives. i have tried this and cleared my cached several times... what am i doing wrong?

The fact that you're getting booted back to the archives seems to indicate that you're using the wrong archives URL. Remember to use your own URL, and not the example URL shown in the guide. :)

To add to that (I'm assuming you don't know how to get your own URL)

What you do is to click the first door you see when you enter the library, it doesn't matter which door it is. Then you get the whole URL you need to input the coordinates. After which you do, and it'll bring you to your room!

as far as i know, i am using my own url... i know not to use the one in the guide, but it doesn't seem to matter what i do, my spellbook is nowehere in the room. ]= is there a faster way to find it or do i have to keep just randomly clicking around and hope i eventually get it?

i honesltly have no idea how little kids do this.. i am an adult, and haven't the patience for these things. >_<

You can use the diagram shown in the guide to identify and check each possible spellbook location (alternatively, use the tab key to cycle through all the links on the page).

spellbookroom.png

Additionally, if the URL substitution shortcuts aren't working, you can also manually navigate to your coordinates by clicking your way through the doors in the archives (just keep an eye on the coordinates in your URL to make sure they match up).