Inappropriate name

nika_p

I have question about inappropriate names. Does TNT watch names and if there is possibility that after 5 years of playing neopets with same pet they think that your pet does not have appropriate name and delete it? Or that can just happened if someone reports it?

And... do they check if pets name is inappropriate? And what does happen with pet? Do they delete it? And is there any possibility to get pet back? Like... if you prove that everything is ok with the name?

Well I know that if a pet is in the Pound, people can report names if they think they're inappropriate. Other than that, I don't really know. Maybe they do delete pets, or just freeze the account they're on. because of a certain type of pet that dissappears when pounded.

Hm... ok. So, I know that I had a lot of questions there but there's a long story why I'm asking. On short: my friends account was hacked. His two pets were transfered. They both have good names but it's true that they are Slovenian names. His account is still frozen but one pet was transfered back to his account. Strange thing is that now when you check where pet is (if it is still on my friend's account), you get message: This Neopet name has been deemed inappropriate.

And I don't know what happened. Has someone report pet or did TNT delete it. But why after 5 years? And if my friend will get account back would it be without his pet? And if he can get it back?

Ha, again... million questions :D Sorry but I really want to know. I mean... I'm losing my patient with TNT and this is one more thing to freak out :D

I believe the policy is that if you create a new pet with an inappropriate name, the pet gets deleted and the account gets a warning/suspension depending on previous offenses. If the pet is old enough, and the name isn't terribly offensive, it gets "grandfathered" and is safe.

But, if the pet receives enough reports and/or is very inappropriate, it can still get deleted.

In the case of your friend, I really haven't the faintest idea. How bad was the name?

In my experience they will freeze the account of the pet owner. Typically when creating a neopet it won't allow you to create an inappropriate name, unless it is done in a way that the filters won't catch it. If you're worried about something happening to your account because of an inappropriately named pet I suggest getting a new pet just in case.

For instance, my nickname is Rex the Raetard... which I never looked at as being inappropriate but TNT froze my account with a pet named that because they assumed I was attempting to say Retard. It's just better to be safe than sorry.

It was not even bad. Pet name was kepadlak. It's from Slovenian language. Kepa means lump and dlaka is hair. It's combination of two words. So in English I would translate it lump-of-hair. Something like that :D I'm just afraid that whoever stolen my pets account then reported it as inappropriate because they frozen account which was stolen by him. I hope that I was clear enough :D

My friend was on this account 5 years and everything was ok. Then account was hacked. His two pets were transferred. We noticed that and report abuse to TNT. They have frozen account. I neomailed two "new" members. One, who has received kepadlak was really nice and he agreed that he will wait and also sent ticked. Other did not neomailed me back. After a month the first one neomailed me again that he received his pet back and that kepadlak is on my friend's account again. And it's true. But when you type pets name this message appears: This Neopet name has been deemed inappropriate.

That's why I'm thinking that someone has reported pet's name. I don't know why or who. But I think that name is not inappropriate. :( Do you think it is?

Nope, I don't think so.

I made a pet called "kissntell" once - dummy me - and the pet was gone in minutes and it was like "YOU CAN'T DO THIS WITH NO PET" and I was so confused ahahahah.

It got deleted, but it was a brand new pet, so not much sentimental value...

Ok, I understand that you create a pet with really inappropriate name and they delete it in minute :D hehehe But this whole situation is just strange. And I'm sad because of my friend and because of whole situation. I'm just disappointed how TNT works. Blah! :sad01_anim:

i do remember a case where a 5 year account was frozen because tnt believed the naming was done in a particular way to get around the filters, i think it was only picked up because it got mentioned on an off neopets forum or maybe it was the neoboards.. whether the name was offensive is a matter of perspective, tnt ruled it was and both the account and pets were frozen and deleted. (it depends if you consider anatomical names offensive)

have you submitted a ticket regarding your friend's freezing? it may be worth explaining the meaning of the name (is neopets translated into Slovenian? there is always Babelfish i guess if they want to check) also someone may have reported it in good faith (with bad consequences for your friend). some things do not translate well and for example the honda jazz (car) is also marketed as the honda fit in some countries, however fit did not translate well in all them and i think it sounded similar to some rude word in some language. a friend has a very pretty name that for a lot of us was hard to learn to pronounce properly, if we said it incorrectly we were calling her something not very nice in her language.

i did a quick search and it didn't come up with a anything. tnt also tend to be very cautious with potentially offensive material (it is a children's site), so they hay have frozen first, ask questions later approach. again best way will be to submit a ticket and be patient.

i wish your friend the best of luck, being frozen is terrible :(

Thank you for your answer! I will tell my friend that we should also include that into ticket. But I must say that everything together is just strange. I really think that hacker was the one who reported it. And things are so slowly. His account was hacked in September and we sent ticket as soon as possible. And then there was a ticket glitch and nobody was able to see ticket. When my friend was finally able to see his ticket it was closed - TNT claimed that it was duplicate. But I know that we only sent one ticket. And now this sad.gif

Sometimes I'm so angry because TNT can do everything but when a player wants something, nothing happens.

I do know that you can in fact go to TNT and say that you think it was unfair, and if you make a good case they will give you your pet back. The pet "Poo" (lol) was frozen, and the owner made the point that how can they say that's inappropriate when Neopets is filled with Dung items :P

I'm sure if things were explained properly your friend will get their pet back :) I wish them the best of luck!