What next?

Swafnir

Hi there!

I spent 7mio NP + loads of books on a Freezer (Heavy blue tunic) this week.

And here we are again: What should I buy next? :S

My stats:

Level: 74

Health: 148 / 148

Strength: ULTIMATE (150)

Defence: LEGENDARY (140)

Move: mach 4

Intelligence: ULTIMATE GENIUS (1005)

My set:

Brynns Legendary Sword of Wraith Smiting

Wand of Reality

Hanso Charisma Charm

Leaf Shield

Heavy Blue Tunic

Greater Healing Scroll

Right: I dont have a bomb :( Would it be better to buy a bomb (Ghostkerbomb?) or a better constant first? Or should I upgrade my shield?

Thank you all for your thoughts!

Anna

I think it's good to have a bomb; however, I would only recommend it if you have a freezing item. When your opponent is frozen, you launch your bomb on berserk mode.

I usually don't focus on shields because my opponents tend to focus on defense and healing, so you actually have to break down their defense. I focus on offense. I would, though, make sure you have the faerie abilities that are good defense. (Burrow and sink.) Also, you already have the Hanso Charisma Charm, which is good for some defense AND offense. Your constants are already good, I think--I would get a freezer and a bomb.

I truly admire your dedication! I wish I knew enough about training my pet for the BD but everything you posted seems like another language to me LOL. Good luck!

Hi there!

I spent 7mio NP + loads of books on a Freezer (Heavy blue tunic) this week.

And here we are again: What should I buy next? :S

My stats:

Level: 74

Health: 148 / 148

Strength: ULTIMATE (150)

Defence: LEGENDARY (140)

Move: mach 4

Intelligence: ULTIMATE GENIUS (1005)

My set:

Brynns Legendary Sword of Wraith Smiting

Wand of Reality

Hanso Charisma Charm

Leaf Shield

Heavy Blue Tunic

Greater Healing Scroll

Right: I dont have a bomb :( Would it be better to buy a bomb (Ghostkerbomb?) or a better constant first? Or should I upgrade my shield?

Thank you all for your thoughts!

Anna

I am so confused. How do you continue to level your pets strength, defense, and levels without leveling agility in the training schools??!

You should upgrade your shield. You may choose from sophies magic hat, faerie tabard, or hubrid nox memorial shield. After that, buy a bomb. Go straight for g-bomb as it's the best one. If you still don't have the NP for it, you may want to consider rainbow clockwork grundo. You're constants are set for intermediate battling. For advanced, there are the anagram swords. The most recommended are ari and fier. Then consider also kelpbeards trident. So for me, upgrade your shield, get a bomb, then upgrade your constants.

You should probably get Downsize! as a good blocker for one turn. I would go for a constant first since you deal more damage each turn rather than once.

I am so confused. How do you continue to level your pets strength, defense, and levels without leveling agility in the training schools??!

Agility has almost no use in the battledome (except for Heavy Blue Tunic). To most people, it is worthless.

I truly admire your dedication! I wish I knew enough about training my pet for the BD but everything you posted seems like another language to me LOL. Good luck!

The Faeries Ruin Plot started when I started playing Neopets. It really annoyed me that I werent able to beat the most ghost enemies. So I decided to train my pet and get decent weapons until the next plot. And here I am :laughingsmiley:

Ok I see: Everybody has a diffenrent opinion here ^^ Shield first, bomb first, constant first :D

I would love to hear more thougts :)

The Faeries Ruin Plot started when I started playing Neopets. It really annoyed me that I werent able to beat the most ghost enemies. So I decided to train my pet and get decent weapons until the next plot. And here I am :laughingsmiley:

Same, although I don't have the money or means to do so. :/

Ghostkerbomb: 21 Icons (+9) ~7 Mio NP single use

Kelpbeards Trident: 17 Icons (+7) ~ 8 Mio NP multiple use

Ghostkerbomb has a few more Icons but KBT can be used every rond, not just once.

Are the Icons worth it to buy the bomb instead of the constant?

(I would buy both but Im not rich enough :S )

You should probably get Downsize! as a good blocker for one turn. I would go for a constant first since you deal more damage each turn rather than once.

Agility has almost no use in the battledome (except for Heavy Blue Tunic). To most people, it is worthless.

STUPID ME. I thought this entire time that agility had to be matched with the other stats in order to actually level all of them. I did not know that you could just level certain stats as long as they were within the requirements. I thought it was supposed to be all of them. Hundreds of thousands of np wasted and countless hours on a useless stat :sick01:

STUPID ME. I thought this entire time that agility had to be matched with the other stats in order to actually level all of them. I did not know that you could just level certain stats as long as they were within the requirements. I thought it was supposed to be all of them. Hundreds of thousands of np wasted and countless hours on a useless stat :sick01:

Look at the bright side, a few more agility stats and you'll be able to use the best stealer there is in neopets. :) 100% success steal and the opponent will not be able to use the stealer against you after you used it unlike the sticky hand series :)

Ghostkerbomb: 21 Icons (+9) ~7 Mio NP single use

Kelpbeards Trident: 17 Icons (+7) ~ 8 Mio NP multiple use

Ghostkerbomb has a few more Icons but KBT can be used every rond, not just once.

Are the Icons worth it to buy the bomb instead of the constant?

(I would buy both but Im not rich enough :S )

According to the battlepedia, KBT does 18 icons of damage and Ghostkerbomb does 25.5. That's a difference of 7.5, which is pretty hefty. Still, if you DID upgrade your constants, it could do a lot of damage every round. I would choose the bomb, but it's up to you. My Ghostkerbomb got me through a ton of battles I otherwise would not have won because my opponents kept blocking my damage.

Why do I keep forgetting that Heavy Blue Tunic freezes? :-D

Mh... I understand. I tend to buy the bomb.

But it will be a loooong way to save so much NP again <_< But it is easier for me to save NPs if I know for what Im saving :laughingsmiley: I dont know if anyone understands this logik :D

I would like to play 2P one day but I dont understand all those "leage XX" stuff in the battledome chat. To be honest... I dont understand a lot in the BD boards ^^

Many of the players chatting there seem to be very rude and not very helpful <_<

I would like to play 2P one day but I dont understand all those "leage XX" stuff in the battledome chat. To be honest... I dont understand a lot in the BD boards ^^

Many of the players chatting there seem to be very rude and not very helpful <_<

Leagues are like divisions based on your pet's stats. The higher your pet's stats, the higher your league. The higher the league, the higher the boosts. Boosts are explained here:

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/battle-strength-defense-boosts/

Basically, you move 1 league higher starting from .5 to 15 (max).

The league system was developed to avoid unfair battles. This means that L10 pets will be faced of against L10 pets, L4 to L4, etc. :)

Oh ... ok I finally understood it. :whistle: Thanks again.

Actually, With a pet of 148 Hit Points, 125 Strength Boost, and 125 Defense Boost, your calculated league is: 9. Not 8. :)

i actually think constant first, but that's just me. for me steady damage is better than burst damage, but it depends on your playstyle.

good luck with whatever you choose! and i am jealous of your pet's intelligence, 1000 int would certainly take a lot of books.

Thanks for your thoughts. I´m still not shure what to choose :D

Yes, it took a lot of books to meet 1000 int! But i fell in love with the heavy blue tunic when I was looking for a freezer. I read 10-20 books a day, did the faerie crossword every day and played a lot of cliffhanger. It thought it would be harder but afterwards it was ok.