Duplicate ticket question

nika_p

My boyfriend's account was hacked on 25.09.. We noticed that immediately and sent abuse form to TNT. They were really quick and froze his account next day. First we didn't know that we also have to sent a ticket that he wants his account back. That's why we sent it "so late" - it was 29.09.. And since that day we are patient and waiting for response. It was even more hard because now there was a ticket glitch and nobody could see his ticket. We didn't know what's happening with ticket status. Today he was able to see his ticket and.... it was closed as DUPLICATE?!? We couldn't believe!!!! How??? He only sent one ticket and that's it. No response, no email, nothing!!!

Does anyone know maybe why did they do it? Did anyone have same problem? I mean... I still can't believe it. That they left you wait so long and at the end they just close ticket and you don't know why. I'm so angry right now and some help would be really good :)

Ughh this doesn't sound too good :(

Do you know how the account was broken in to? As the way to get into an account is generally through a scam (hackers tend not to be too interested in neopets as hacking is much more difficult and if they did would only go for really high profile accounts). This could be the get rich quick kind of scam (give me your username and password and you will become a neomillionaire!) or the other way is through cookie-grabbers, however this is usually done through clicking on a -how to win a zillion neopoint- type links. I think this is the main reason that TNT don't unfreeze accounts, because they assume you were doing this. If you can think of how they got in (and it's not one of the above ways) tell them that, and try and prove it.

This is TNT's answer to your question by the way: http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&week=384 (look at the bottom question).

I would definitely try sending in another ticket, but doesn't sound too positive :( this sort of things seems to happen a lot more often than it should. Hopefully you'll have some luck! I live in fear of this happening... :(

Hm, I really don't know how account was hacked. But I can assure that he didn't clicked on some strange links.

The thing is that many accounts now have been hacked. More then usual. And many of accounts were returned. That's why we were hoping for best. Specially because he has two pets that were traded forward. And one of them was returned a week ago. And we thought that this is possitive sighn.

And also... he had such a great proofs that this really is his account.

Maybe we will wait a day or two, maybe is another ticket glitch and then I will told him to send another ticket. But I'm really dissapointed how TNT works lately.